LegacyGT.com

Cold air Intake

There are few parts available for tuning of the 2.5i, most tuning is for the turbo models where it pays off.

For the 2.5i you will probably benefit more from a suspension upgrade and possibly from an exhaust upgrade, but for the latter you need a tune. If you change the intake you will also need a tune.

453747.png

what makes our cars different* is our ecu's (car's computer) doesnt adjust/compensate as much as some other manufacturers. why? because most people who buy subaru's do not modify them so why waste the extra money to make a ecu better* when theres no reason to. why make it better is it works perfectly fine the way it is...

look at the stock air duct. it has a scoop to get outside air. look at most aftermarket intakes, yes it might flow more air but most open filters sit in the engine bay without any proper duct work to get colder air.

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

what makes our cars different* is our ecu's (car's computer) doesnt adjust/compensate as much as some other manufacturers. why? because most people who buy subaru's do not modify them so why waste the extra money to make a ecu better* when theres no reason to.

Pretty sure that whole statement is an opinion

Geez. This is confusing. If the ECU statement is an "opinion" then it's an open debate.

I love my 4thgen DGM but would love it more if I had another 10-20 HP.

Best bang for the buck is not an air intake? If not that, what can I do?

EDIT: Found the NA forum FAQ. Noobie forum members always rehash old schtuff like this.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-subaru-legacy-2-5i-115322.html

it's a non turbo

I know, but my point was that even on the turbo engines the intake isn't a restriction. The same holds true for the NA engines.

If you want more power, trade it in for a GT/XT or 3.0/3.6R.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Aftermarket panel filters are garbage. There is plenty of research that shows K&N style filters do nothing other then allow more dirt into your engine.

OP,

bang for buck power for an N/A engine is tough. You can experiment with e85 or NOS for pretty cheap. But without a complete build you won't see much. Even with that is still would be $$$$$$ > actual results

I installed an AVO high air flow intake panel and I could definitely notice an increase in responsiveness at least at lower speeds. This is probably the best bang for your buck in terms of intake- cheap, reliable, and effective.

Also if you look into your stock air box, you'll find an extra filter called an "HC absorption filter." Basically what it does is trap pre-burned exhaust gasses from leaving through you're intake after the vehicle is shut off to reduce exhaust emissions. But while the car's running, it's restrictive and it's not helping anything. You might notice an added benefit to intake by removing this filter.

I installed an AVO high air flow intake panel and I could definitely notice an increase in noise...

Fixed.

Airflow into the 2.5L isn't a limiting factor in a 2.5i... or in a LGT... or in a stage 1 or 2 LGT. I'm stage 3 with an OEM intake & filter. I'm likely fine with it until I make fuel mods.

Tits mcgee

Archived