LegacyGT.com

I took my car to a car wash and....

I know it's just a coincidence, but right after I took my car to get it washed (probably the 2nd time in my life I did it) all hell broke loose in the engine bay. The tensioner pulley seized, got ripped off by the belt, destroyed the timing chain cover, A/C compressor and electronics, and bent the crank pulley. Left a nice film of burnt rubber and plastic all over everything too. But on the bright side, Subaru 24 hour Roadside Service was awesome. They sent a flat bed to pick it up within 30 minutes of calling. Then they agreed to send it to the second closest dealer (Liberty Subaru), b/c I can't stand Town Motors, at no add'l charge. Then the guys at Liberty did a nice job on everything (I should have purchased the car there :rolleyes: ).

If you were to purchase a Porsche, Audi or Lincoln from Town Motors you'd probably get much better service and a clean result, but each time I've brought my car into them I see new scratches, grease marks, or they give me a hard time with something. I brought the car into them 3 times for warped rotors. The first 2 times they cut them, then the last time they got replaced but they didn't even put new pads on. So now I have brand new rotors with old warn out pads. At least let me know before I come to pick the damn thing up that the pads weren't changed - I would have paid for new pads while the car was being worked on. Just to be PC about it - not all is bad with Town. I had a good experience buying it, and some service managers are cool.

So the moral of the story is - don't bring it to a car wash......:confused:

I was driving my dads 1990 Chevy 1500 W/T home from college one day a few years ago. It's about a 90 mile trip, all highway. On my way home I heard a whining noise, that seemed to increase in pitch at higher rpm's. I pulled over, took a look, didn't notice anything wrong, and the truck was idling fine. I decided to keep driving home. When I got home, i popped the hood again, this time with the truck off and noticed that my idler pully had completely stripped itself from the bearings. It was actually spinning around itself, and must have been doing so my entire trip home. The inside of the pully was completely melted from the friction and it was now in two completely separated peices. An internal ring, and an external ring that was spinning around the ceased internal ring, but I somehow managed to drive 90 miles without it failing completely.

wow, I'm surprised you had good service from liberty, I bought my LGT there and they were really pushy and had no clue what they were talking about, only reason I bought the car was it was the right price and millage and I drove down from school in RI to see it.

OMG !! ! teh soapz in da hood !!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/lawtheflaw/TMIC.jpg

(haha! sorry, repost from the other thread, all credit to member lawl)

:lol:

feel all warm and tingly inside.

car for sale. PM me!

Wait so you expect them to give you brand new pads too? I am sorry but pads are a maintanance item. How is it there fault that you wore you break pads down. Having warped rotors would not mess with the break pads. If your pads are low thats your own problem. You expect them to change your tires while your at it because they took that off to do the rotors?

That's not what I wrote - but that would have been nice.

I had to take the car to them 3 times for the same problem, so i do think that a little courtesy would have been nice. But as I said in my original post, I should have been notified about their decision prior to my picking the car up because i would have PAID for new pads to be installed while the wheels were off the car.

And...ah...good analogy with the tires.

Archived