LegacyGT.com

Fuel pump replacement success stories?

I suppose that's true, I guess I'm more interested in what pumps people are using. I see rock auto, which seems to get thrown around this forum a lot for parts, has them from $20-$200. Seems like a huge range, but if they are that easy to replace, are people just throwing the $20 pump in, or going for the " you get what you pay for route"?

Definitely not, get a good one on rock auto, you can get a deatsch works or a walbro 255....I mean I like working on my car, but I don't like when things fail. The front lower ball joints are cheap too but I won't be getting all giddy when I have to replace one. Which soon I will have to replace two of them..can you see the excitement?

Hello;

In my case the fuel filter sock on my pump was plugged solid and secondary filter was full of dirt. Napa sells a made in the USA pump replacement kit and has a Bosch kit also. These range $100.00 to $140.00. The pump is easy to get to so if the wallet is thin you might drop in a cheaper unit. I usually go for the higher quality pump, Steven.

• 2 weeks later...
I used an ebay wrx pump in my car for like 2 years. It was 35ish dollars. Just gotta make sure you reuse or buy a new filter'sock' with the same angle. I sold the car after that 2 years, but i'm sure it's doing just fine. I would never spend 200$ on a pump. Get one from a junkyard or buy a walbro 255 for 80$ or whatever it is these days. I'd still go ebay personally. It's really easy to change and I wouldn't really say it's a 'you get what you pay for' thing. It is fueling your car, so it's not like you should buy a total piece of crap, but they're not that sophisticated. I don't know where the line of 'crap' starts because I didn't experience it with my ebay pump.

Archived