LegacyGT.com

upgrade to diesel?

So i have been thinking of upgrading in the next year or so and retiring the twinscroll to a weekend car. No petrol models available in Ireland really anymore so i have been looking at a 2010 legacy diesel, they can be gotten cheap enough since nobody really buys Subaru's over here, but im not sure if its just too boring a legacy or I think the 2010 model is the last nice looking legacy as the 5th gen's havent really grown on me yet and are still probably out of my price range, i would be curious to know the tuning potential of the diesels and parts compatibility with similar year US model.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4751703

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4787671

If i do go diesel, im not sure the legacy is the best option over here so im not sure the brand loyalty is still there!

The problem is we don't get the diesel version state side. So few of us are going to know anything about tuning them. Top Gear reported killer MPG on the legacy diesel and the reason I'd consider one. The stock TQ should be great.

You can only compress diesel to X PSI before it starts burning. I think this will be the biggest limitation to tuning it you're going to find.

i thought you guys got the diesels in some form, dang it! Not too many guys tuning them over here either. a lot of vw/audi tuning alright but nothing for the subaru diesels. ill have to research it some more so!

PS: I'd have one of these too for a daily driver if they were available here... Checking the reviews, sounds like a good powertrain for the LGT.

We don't have anything 4WD/AWD and diesel, that isn't a truck in Canada AFAIK

I still believe they'll offer it. I lived in Norway until last year and let me tell you cars are WAY expensive there. A Diesel Outback goes for 80000-100000 USD over there. I checked their Subaru website and it looks like they are offering the turbo Forester. So I would bet that Ireland will.

Edit: in Norway the XT will go for 669.900 NOK. So that's like 116330 USD :eek::eek::eek:

Archived