LegacyGT.com

First Test for Conti Extreme Contact DWS

tLewis7

~My first go on the icy and snow packed passes to Denver and back with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS and the performance was fantastic on the go and with the braking (appropriate for the conditions that is). Was able to run at the summertime advisory corner speeds without problem on two separate occasions when no other cars were in close proximity and I had plenty of shoulder room.

~Dry performance good with fronts inflated to 39-40 and the rears to 38-39.

~Overall very pleased with a very affordable tire. Glad to be done with the RE (Road Executioner) 92's.

That's great to hear I've had these on my car for a month but no snow in denver, so far so good.plenty of grip in the dry but can't wait for some snow here weird dry winter. Some out there are complaining about the snow handling when its rated so high

I am getting a set of these next week before I make a trip to Texas. I am currently running the Conti Extremes from last year and they are getting very close to un-driveable. :(

How much are they going for around here. I got my last set for $139 ea + road hazard from Discount Tire last August.

I am getting a set of these next week before I make a trip to Texas. I am currently running the Conti Extremes from last year and they are getting very close to un-driveable. :(

How much are they going for around here. I got my last set for $139 ea + road hazard from Discount Tire last August.

~How many miles before they went? Doesn't seem like you have had them that long.

~Got mine in Colorado Springs @ the Discount Tire on 305 N Academy Blvd store on 10/1/10 for $128.00 plus tax, the road hazard, environmental/dump fees and lifetime spin balance. Thus, $698.59 out the door. I think the price was quoted the same @ the Grand Junction Store.

That's great to hear I've had these on my car for a month but no snow in denver, so far so good.plenty of grip in the dry but can't wait for some snow here weird dry winter. Some out there are complaining about the snow handling when its rated so high

Word.

However, from today (Monday) thru Thursday, T-ride expecting up to 4 feet and Crested Butte up to 8 feet! I wish I was young and healthy enough to still be able to thrash.

Just finished my 160 mile drive to go boarding but the roads were totally dry so still no snow report. But to the guy who asked about improve milage, my first full tank of normal driving with new lighter rims and dws tires and I got 23.8 mpg which is 2mpg better than my last tank w/ stock set up on winter fuel so that's promising

Archived