LegacyGT.com

0-60?

gold537en

Hi Everyone,

I am planning on purchasing an '09 Legacy 2.5i Limited. I was wondering if anyone knew the 0-60 acceleration for it.

I would love a 3.0 and would maybe consider a GT if I had more $.

I'm coming from a decently powerful vehicle and I'm a little worried that the 4EAT is not going to quite cut it. What do you think?

Hi Everyone,

I am planning on purchasing an '09 Legacy 2.5i Limited. I was wondering if anyone knew the 0-60 acceleration for it.

I would love a 3.0 and would maybe consider a GT if I had more $.

I'm coming from a decently powerful vehicle and I'm a little worried that the 4EAT is not going to quite cut it. What do you think?

The 4EAT, while not state-of-the-art technology, cuts it. I was kind of hesitant at first after driving a pretty peppy 200hp Mazda Tribute on weekdays and a Boxster on weekends. With the Legacy, I drive on the Expressway regularly and I'm up to 80 in no time. I hardly ever use the sport mode. It's fine, especially when the transmission "learns" your driving style. It sounds like you want what I did -- a decent-handling and accelerating daily driver that's good on gas, has all the amenities, is well-priced and gives you AWD and great collision protection to boot. You've got it.

my daily commute consists of 90% of roads with a 60km/h limit (37.5mph) and 10% on a bridge with 80km/h limit (50mph), almost city? hahaha. Even in bad stop and go during rush hour I'll get between 21-23mpg. It must be REALLY bad in Boston if you're only getting 17mpg http://legacygt.com/forums/images/smilies/spin.gif

2.5i is about 9sec

2.5T is between 4.8 and 6 depending on the driver

3.0 is about 7.5 sec

I agree with with the 2.5, but I think 4.8 is a little ambitious with for the 2.5 GT. I've seen between 5.2-6 with them.

Also, most sources I have seen say 6.5-7 for the 3.0.

A lot of this does come down to driver for the manuals though.

what? 26mpg city? no way, haha that's not true city driving

i'm around 17mpg, but i live in boston so it's pretty stop and go

Thank you for being realistic. A prospective owner should not expect 26 mpg from city driving in the NA 4EAT Legacy unless you drive like an 80-year-old grandma and coast through red lights. High teens is more like it. Mixed highway/city driving will give you low 20s if you're not conscious of saving gas. If you are, you might get a little more. Yesterday, I did an 80-mile, mostly highway trip and averaged 26.1 without doing anything special to save gas. I have gotten high 20s in my wife's NA Outback on long highway trips of several hundred miles.

My avg on a full tank always falls between 9.0-9.6 L/100km (24-26mpg), but I make effort to achieve it. I'll use the manual mode to engine brake if I see a red light in the distance, from a dead stop I'll give it enough gas to change gears at about 2500-2800RPM. Considering Subaru's website and other reviews saying they achieve about 10.4 L/100km (22.5mpg) in the city, my mileage achievements don't seem too unrealistic.

I agree with with the 2.5, but I think 4.8 is a little ambitious with for the 2.5 GT. I've seen between 5.2-6 with them.

Also, most sources I have seen say 6.5-7 for the 3.0.

A lot of this does come down to driver for the manuals though.

Stage 2 will net <5 sec without too much trouble. I *suck* at launching and I still am in the low 5s on a regular basis.

Archived