LegacyGT.com

DBA 4000 Rotors and Hawk HPS Pads

HTownLegacy

Ordered these from Import Image Racing, which I have had horrible service from. Apparently the rear rotors are back ordered and I had no idea until I opened the package and found a note written on my invoice. I was still charged for them anyway.

But anyway, I will be installing the fronts soon and then the rears whenever I receive them. I will write a review once I have had a chance to test them out and do the Bed - In process.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee78/htownlegacy/Legacy%20GT/100_0770.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee78/htownlegacy/Legacy%20GT/100_0771.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee78/htownlegacy/Legacy%20GT/100_0773.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be careful, they sent you one pad and one sony playstation controller. Once it heats up, it will likely break apart and cause all sorts of problems, that is, if you can get it in the caliper.
ignore him, he'll go away.

I think I'm suffering the same fate of staggered shipping of my new DBA fronts and Hawk pads. Ordered them from AutoAnything.com on Monday, said they were in stock and would be shipped Tuesday the 8th. Well, on the 9th I finally got my UPS tracking number, but for the pads only. Still waiting for the front rotors to be shipped I guess. Something tells me I don't think they were really in stock. Bastards! Oh well, as long as they send to me in the next week or so, I'll be happy.

Be careful, they sent you one pad and one sony playstation controller. Once it heats up, it will likely break apart and cause all sorts of problems, that is, if you can get it in the caliper.

Ha ha, oh man, I don't know why, but I'm laughing my ass off from this comment. People at my office are looking at me like I'm strange.

Pads and Rotors installed. After the bedding process, everything seems good. Braking is definitely better than the stock setup. But also, I was still on the factory pads and rotors, at 59,000 miles.

Just did the same on Friday. Much nicer than OEM.

should have went with racing brakes rotors.

:confused: You obviously havent seen the threads where they had catastrophic failures! Then again, if you ask them, they will tell you those were all prototype.

For the $, DBA4000s cant be beat performance wise.

For the cheap, we got the bling for the street. Soon we will also have blanks and slotted that will be close to the cost of OE!

Further down the pipeline, we plan to get directionally vaned OE-type rotors for the LGT ;)

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

:confused: You obviously havent seen the threads where they had catastrophic failures! Then again, if you ask them, they will tell you those were all prototype.

For the cheap, we got the bling for the street. Soon we will also have blanks and slotted that will be close to the cost of OE!

Further down the pipeline, we plan to get directionally vaned OE-type rotors for the LGT ;)

hey mr. DBA,

can you point me to threads that discribe proven instance of catastrophic failures of the RacingBrake rotors, pads or otherwise?

That would be muchly appreciated

THank you

hey mr. DBA,

can you point me to threads that discribe proven instance of catastrophic failures of the RacingBrake rotors, pads or otherwise?

That would be muchly appreciated

THank you

I aint no Mr. DBA.

You can do the searching on NASIOC. There was also a thread on the BMW forums as well. Both were from GrandAm teams. There was another from somone using the rotors for OneLap of America. I used to have the pictures on my old laptop but it crashed. I think they stopped marketing their cross drilled to racers now (finally). This was back from 2006 with spotty occurances from there. The original failures were from their cross drilled holes within slots. That was creating a second stress point within a first.

Then again, most LGT members do not track their cars, so it could be a non-issue. But if you do intend to track the car, I never recommend x-drilled. Not even the ones we sell are marketed as such. In fact, we market them purely as BLING. Other companies will try to put a spin on them telling you they perform better, are lighter, patented, etc etc...

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

well you guys can go **** yourself I just wanted so more stopping power for the street:mad:

Chill man :):wub:

Like I said, for the street, there shouldnt be any issues at all.

But I do have one problem with your statement of more stopping power. BBKs dont decrease stopping distances or increase stopping "power". They are designed to increase mass and therefore reduce fade issues and maintain repeatability. :wub:

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

I aint no Mr. DBA.

You can do the searching on NASIOC. There was also a thread on the BMW forums as well. Both were from GrandAm teams. There was another from somone using the rotors for OneLap of America. I used to have the pictures on my old laptop but it crashed. I think they stopped marketing their cross drilled to racers now (finally). This was back from 2006 with spotty occurances from there. The original failures were from their cross drilled holes within slots. That was creating a second stress point within a first.

Then again, most LGT members do not track their cars, so it could be a non-issue. But if you do intend to track the car, I never recommend x-drilled. Not even the ones we sell are marketed as such. In fact, we market them purely as BLING. Other companies will try to put a spin on them telling you they perform better, are lighter, patented, etc etc...

Yea I Know you are ass on that forums. Oh yea I never tracked my LGT that what I have my twin turbo z If I had no other other choose I would get a solid rotor BLING BLING just plain old slotted and also cooling vains. Oh I forgot my turbo mustang for the 1/4

Yea I Know you are ass on that forums.

How do you figure? We are now straying way off topic. I'll just leave you to thinking of me as such. There is no point in arguing with stubbornness.

Oh yea I never tracked my LGT that what I have my twin turbo z If I had no other other choose I would get a solid rotor BLING BLING just plain old slotted and also cooling vains. Oh I forgot my turbo mustang for the 1/4

:confused::confused:

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

Yea I Know you are ass on that forums. Oh yea I never tracked my LGT that what I have my twin turbo z If I had no other other choose I would get a solid rotor BLING BLING just plain old slotted and also cooling vains. Oh I forgot my turbo mustang for the 1/4

There is no need to take things so personally man. If you think we are asses here you must have never been on nazioc or car domain for that matter.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Archived