LegacyGT.com

2.0t vs 2.5l

Well, rolling down a hill I think an 2.0L might be a little faster. Falling off a cliff they'd be evenly matched. The 2.5L would definitely faster cooking burgers, though the 2.0L does italian sausage better.

Oh, you mean if a car with one in it might be faster! My bad. :lol:

Well, rolling down a hill I think an 2.0L might be a little faster. Falling off a cliff they'd be evenly matched. The 2.5L would definitely faster cooking burgers, though the 2.0L does italian sausage better.

Oh, you mean if a car with one in it might be faster! My bad. :lol:

:bbq: I heard jdm grills were better at this than the usdm ones...?

Ever drive a chick in a turbo car and have them ask what that strange noise is?

ITS TEH POWA BEEACH....

VVVVVVVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... pshhhht.

Only ever happened in my diesel truck though, so it didn't sound like its typed above. Sadly it didn't go fast enough to make her panties fly off. :(

Yes you will get in her pants faster in a 2.0T than you will in a 2.5

every time.

I like shale's answer because it's legit, but this was so beautifully and poetically written that I had to quote it. Maybe it's the 3hrs of sleep I got last night...but for the record the 2.2 still got her out of her pants pretty fast :rolleyes:

>implying the EJ257 is more powerful than the EJ207

No seriously. Both EJ207 and EJ257 make 305hp. The EJ255 makes a lowly 265hp, which is less than 2L STi's made way back in the 90's. I'm willing to bet the reason the 2.5's make the same power, despite the larger capacity is down to fuel, and emissions regulations.

Speaking of the 90's, if op was asking about those engines. As shale said, the best the 25's were doing was about 160hp, and the 2L turbo's, both the STi, and the GTB twin turbo were making 276hp.

You forget. If you add a flux capacitor to a 1.5L, you will be able to go so fast you will break the future barrier and arrive in the 24th century. It's a bit of an industry secret though - mainly because it is incredibly dangerous.

At least it won't blow a headgasket though.

but it doesn't matter how fast you can go with a flux capacitor; all you need to reach is 88mph, and be in the middle of a thunderstorm. And drive a delorean...wait...don't be that guy.

where is the OP??

. I'm willing to bet the reason the 2.5's make the same power, despite the larger capacity is down to fuel, and emissions regulations.

I would take that bet and wipe the floor with it.

The main reason the different engines make different power is because they have different turbos. The 0.5L or less difference between them causes very little change in overall horsepower.... but torque and spool are quite a bit different

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived