LegacyGT.com

New (Old) Tuning Vendor - McDowell Performance Tuning

All right everyone, it's official! I am a vendor again on our forum :cool:. As many of you 5th gen owners know, I offer tuning and etuning services for our cars. I can etune stage 1, stage 2 and stage 3 set ups. If you have an AP and want more than your OTS tune has to offer, or you simply want a retune, McDowell Performance Tuning is proud to offer our services. Please visit our website: www.mcdowelltuning.com for more information. PM me or email me at mcdowelltuning@gmail.com for details! Bring on the tunes!

Logan McDowell (311logan311)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. I should have done it months ago, but decided it was time. I couldn't really advertise and it wouldn't be fair to the other vendors if I did. Hope to have many more McDowell Performance tunes out there!

Thanks, what's a going price for Stage 3? Mod list on my profile. Still waiting some components and of course the installation.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

Yes, the 2012 LGT in the OTS stage 1 map versus my stage 1 map is GTEASER's. Here's the graph again, up to this point. This also has a stock pull for reference as well. The weight on my stage 1 tune is more due to having a full tank of gas. I tried to make this as realistic as I could.

1305904294_Stock5thgenLGTvsCobbLGTOTSstage1mapvsMcDowellTuningLGTstage1map.thumb.jpg.27223fd7e17a38dcf371619e592113f6.jpg

If you have a 2010-2012 LGT there is so much power to gain from a stage 1 tune versus the stock map. And if you are running an OTS map, getting an etune from me will be one of the best bang for the buck modifications you can do. Plus the tune is catered to your specific car. No one will have the same map. I'm offering a special of $125 for a stage 1 or 2 etune (stock intake) until the end of January. Whether you have a v2 or v3 AP, you can get a custom map and it's as easy as flashing your OTS map. Let's get tuned people!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I wish I could help. If Cobb made an AP for it, or if there was OS support I could. mspank might be able to help as they do ECUTek tuning. Sorry guys :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I will eventually be interested in a 3.6 tune. Any plans on doing that?

He'd probably have to get on EcuTek first, if he's not already. And if you don't have a local tuner and an AWD dyno, I seriously doubt that that it would be worth your money or his time.

Unfortunately, There is not support for the 2013 2.5i from Cobb or open source. Although, you wouldn't see much in gains either way. Sorry.

Logan

Sorry, fixed.

I've been working with McDowell Performance Tuning on the E-tune for my 2010 LGT. Logan is extremely knowledgable and has been very understanding working with me given the weather delays I've been having in getting any good data logging for him. I'm quite computer illiterate as well and he spent time sending emails to both COBB and myself and giving me clear step by step instructions in getting the file into my car as I have a v.3 and was having trouble at first in transfering the file. He found the solution. He's spent time on the phone and through emails with me regularly and I'm very pleased with the way my car is responding to his tuning. Due to the weather and elevation differences from him to me, He's made a few tweaks and it's just been awesome how great the car is behaving. I'd reccomend him to anyone and am a very happy customer. Thanks Logan.

Yes sir, running a special until the end of the month for stage 1 and 2 etunes (stock intake). Nice bike BTW. I really miss my 07 Ninja ZX10R. That was a beast!

Archived