LegacyGT.com

So I had the car in to my local Subaru dealer to get looked at today to solve the check engine and other power issues. They put a new alternator in it for me, apparently the old one was surging, or spiking voltage. That solved my battery light =)

But...

The CEL came back as an evap solenoid issue.

Is this common?

Can I fix this without buying a new one...?

Is it maybe just gunked up?

Thanks guys! Oh, and I still have to do the whole seatbelt light check yet. I'm not all too wiring knowledgeable, so I'll have my step dad help me so I don't fry anything lol

"Racing is important to men who do it well. When you're racing...it's life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting." -Steve McQueen in Le Mans

it is the most common fault on subarus. (purge valve). its under the passenger side intake manifold behind the PS pump. you need to replace it with another one, in doing so... theres a screw right above the stock location on the manifold that holds the wire seperator in place, remount it there so its easier to change next time. it only has to do with emissions, it does not effect performance. since the car is odb1, you dont have to worry about inspection with it.

Archived