LegacyGT.com

Has anyone heard of this?

I was on eBay looking for an Outback and came across a link for a power/gas saver chip.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-SUBARU-LEGACY-1990-2008-2007-2006-2005_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33597QQihZ017QQitemZ270222437879

Is this a load of crap? Does anyone have any experience with this? It sounds too good to be true. 45 HP and 12 MPG gains for $15......:confused:

I feel the same way.

I went through a few pages of this vendor's feedback and found most postings to be positive, but I still feel it's a load of crap. Then again for $15 is it worth a try? If it's all garbage I assume you can bring it back to factory specs.

'Product not as described, not even close. I bought Subaru model and never used.'

That's one of the negative replies 'feedback' from an angry ebay member... Also, from the other negative replies, I gather it's not even a 'chip'. Most disgruntled people describe it as a 'paper clip' and say that 8$ shipping is ludicrous...

Many of the positive feedback seems bogus to me as well. A lot of simple replies like, 'quick shipping', 'works great' and stuff like that. Fabricated, if you ask me...

Also, from their add, 'Tuned Engineering' say they don't have a 'turbo' model available.

You know what they say. If it sounds too good to be true...

Lol no, they are claiming a resistor you can buy from radio shack will control the spark more efficiently than your ecu, but it doesnt do anything in reality. They sell them for pretty much everycar, but they are all the same thing lol

I was on eBay looking for an Outback and came across a link for a power/gas saver chip.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-SUBARU-LEGACY-1990-2008-2007-2006-2005_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33597QQihZ017QQitemZ270222437879

Is this a load of crap? Does anyone have any experience with this? It sounds too good to be true. 45 HP and 12 MPG gains for $15......:confused:

If it performed as advertised don't you think that it would come OEM?

Nuff said. This product is a HOAX

Steven

Archived