LegacyGT.com

Member profile - AwdSon

Hello Legacy Family,

I am pleased to announce I am the new owner of a 2010 Legacy GT! I have had many Subaru's in my day but this is only my second legacy, my first being an 06 Spec B which I just traded for my current one.

I picked up the car a couple of days ago and I am very pleased with the car. Aside from needing an immediate change of wheels and a very thorough detail it is exactly what I wanted. Here is a picture I snapped with my phone, I will try to get better pics up.

Engine / Drive train

-COBB ap v2

-Invidia turbo back exhaust

-AVO drop intake filter

-AVO silicone throttle body hose with t-clamps

-STI short throw shifter with perrin brass bushing

-Group N transmission mount

-Subaru STI battery hold down

-Clutch delay valve removal

Suspension / Brakes

-Tein super street coil overs

-2014 STI Brembo front and rear black calipers

-DBA 5000 front 2-piece slotted rotors

-DBA4000 rear rotors Slotted rotors

-Project MU ns400 brake pads pads

-Project MU brake cylinder, clutch covers

-Goodridge g-stop phantom brake lines

-STI strut bar

-Whiteline bump steer correction kit

-Whiteline 26mm front sway bar,

-Whiteline adjustable 24mm rear.

-Whiteline front and rear camber adjustable bolts

Exterior

-Legacy TS replica front lip

-Cmod grill with honey comb mesh and Subaru emblem

-Red Hella horns

-2013 legacy 2.5i sport headlamps

-Lexus retrofitted true bixenon 2012 rx350 projectors(denso ballast plotted w/ Phillips bulbs) high beam works(solenoid moves special shield to use hid high beam function) high beam bulbs are Phillips h1r.

-Reverse lights are RayBrig 726

-Fusion fogs with 3k (morimoto bulbs and water proof ddm projectors)

-Triple tap turn signal relay(tap turn signal to activate 3-5 blinks)

-Subaru legacy trunk spoiler

-Subaru legacy mud guards

-Subaru puddle lights

-Subaru rain guards

Interior

-Defi white racer boost gauge

-2014 Subaru Harmon & Kardon headunit 3.5 inch display w/ oem backup camera

-Subaru harmon Kardon 9 speaker 440 watts with built subwoofer mounted on rear decklid

-Subaru illuminated door sills

-Blue iluminated cup holders

-Subaru all weather floor mats

-Subaru 2012 legacy clutch and brake pedals

Much love

23695436543_69d50dbfa4_b.jpg

Nice find, looks like it has some tasteful mods already!

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum! It looks like you already have an aftermarket grill, lip, and special appearance headlights on, possibly even lowered? What are you plans for the car?

Thanks, Yes all that and more. My plans are to get some different (wider wheels) tune it, than I will be satisfied. :lol:

Wheels will definitely take this car up a notch. 5th gen doesn't look right until it's lowered and has great wheels. Good luck with wheel search. Check out a bunch of the wheel pics to be found all over the 5th gen forum to get an idea of what you want. Welcome to LGT.com. Enjoy!

If any body can help me with a couple things I would be greatly appreciated, or ad some links.

1. Maintenance schedules. about to hit 60k

2. Recommended oil and oil filter, I have always used Rotella T6 in my other subys.

2B. How much oil?

3. Green coolant recommended like my others?

4. Do I need to dyno tune with Turbo back, or is the Accessport safe enough?

Gracias.

1. http://www.cars101.com/subaru/subaru_maintenance1.html

2 I like the Mazda RX8 filter since it has greater volume, but the oem filter seems good too.

I use Mobil 1

4.2 Liters (more with the Mazda filter)

3 Yes, that's what I do.

4 Dyno would change the whole feel of the car. I hit 293whp/380wtq recently and my car spools up way faster than with the cobb map. That said, I understand that the cobb map is very safe.

1. Check out the owners manual or the Subaru of America website for the exact maintenance schedule. Most major required maintenance item that should not be missed: timing belt at 105,000 miles.

2. The Rotella is commonly used in the LGTs as well. Safe bet there. I use AMSOil. Don't use Mobil 1. Something about not enough zinc to protect the turbo. And I think it's 5 qts total (including what you pour into the filter initially), but somebody correct me if I'm wrong. OEM blue filters are actually great. Lots of folks like the RX8 filter too. Solid filter as well.

3. Should be fine.

4. Define need. ;) Accessport with a Cobb off the shelf probably won't blow up your motor, but an off the shelf will never be as good as a tune specifically made for your car. Especially a dyno tune. However, even an etune will be better than the Cobb ots map and an etune won't break the bank either. And we have some great etune vendors floating around here on LGT.com. BrenTuning, Cryo, Tuning Alliance all come to mind. Also could look into Infamous Performance and Tuning which is out in Cali with you (Note that really old threads referencing Infamous tunes is a different tuner with a long story behind it, but Mike's new tuner from the past few years is great too.). I love my dyno tune from BrenTuning. Do a bit of your own research here on the forum and see which sounds like they might be for you. All those I mentioned are gonna be solid. Good luck.

1. Normal fluids, oil, trans fluid, diffs, some like to do the spark plugs at this point, I believe there was some mention of the in-tank fuel filter.

2. I use rotella with no issues and since my initial fillup of it no burning either, for filter stock is most common although nothing wrong with wix either. Many buy the subie ones in bulk from amazon or other retailers.

2b. 4.2 quarts like all other subies I usually put closer to 5 because it will take a little to fill the oil filter.

3. Super blue coolant, it shouldn't need servicing until 105k miles, but if it has been changed with anything but the blue you are back to 2yr/24k miles service intervals.

4. Dyno tune is never required but a custom tune will help the smoothness of the power immensely. Yes the AP tune is safe enough to run without issue albeit a little less efficient.

Archived