LegacyGT.com

1999 White Subaru Legacy GT - $2800

Nintensity

Hey guys, not sure, but I was wondering if you guys could help me decide whether or not this is a car worth buying.

http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1999-Subaru-Legacy-gt-awd-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ439672878

Notes:

- 200,000 miles on chassis, and only 50,000 miles on new rebuilt engine

- Repainted from Green to White 1 month ago via Maaco paint (Door-jams not painted)

- NO rust

- NO accidents

- Automatic Transmission

- US Imported car to Canada, so it has miles on the cluster

- Passed emissions test

BUT no documents

- I don't know when last maintenance was made

- I don't know if the body has had a rebuild or not

I've given the offer of $2800 to him and he accepted. Though what I'm doing is i'm taking a huge risk of a 200,000 mile chassis i'm buying...

What do you guys think, is it worth the purchase?

Best regards,

Nick

no records is a no go for me. I need to know whats been done to it
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 2 weeks later...
Might be a good deal. It says on the ads that the engine has been rebuilt. If so that's a good thing as the 2.5 second gen head gaskets almost always fail around 160k. You might get a lot of life out of it. Good luck and welcome to the site. Check out the second gen forum if you have any more questions.

• 3 weeks later...

After driving it.. I noticed the engine wasn't rebuilt after all. THe bolts and nuts looked clean and that they have no signs of wear on them.

No receipts. Nothing.

And then I noticed that the Engine has a slight rod nock. And it's only gonna get worse in a matter of just driving it.

What do you think I should do? I'm planning on selling it and moving on. But it's such a good car too!! ugh.

Archived