LegacyGT.com

1999 SUS high miles

Hey guys, first time owner here... I don't even have the car yet.

The third gen guys sent me over here...

But I am purchasing a 1999 SUS legacy sedan with 260K on the body and 16K on the newish engine.

It's an automatic and the right passenger door needs some work.

I got for 2k flat and it runs fine.

What should i get done first to ensure it keeps running for a while?

and where is a good place to look for easy mods i can do?

also what body style is it? bd/be?

Thanks for the input. I'll post pics as soon as i can.

• I Donated
What should i get done first to ensure it keeps running for a while?

Read through the MPG FAQ. It lists several "tune up" type of things you can do. I do all of them on every car I buy. Not a bad idea to do.

Second Generation Legacy MPG Thread

As well, if you don't know if its been done or not, do the timing belt, water pump, and timing pulleys.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Read through the MPG FAQ. It lists several "tune up" type of things you can do. I do all of them on every car I buy. Not a bad idea to do.

Second Generation Legacy MPG Thread

As well, if you don't know if its been done or not, do the timing belt, water pump, and timing pulleys.

Cool I figure I'll check that and the head gaskets.

I should probably check the suspension and the brushings? are those hard to replace on the legacy?

• I Donated

A Legacy isn't really a hard car to work on at all. Unless you do the kinds of things that I get stuck doing haha.

Suspension work is EASY. Head gaskets are farily easy, but you have to remove the engine to do them. Some people say to just use a floorjack on the oil pan, however its not really safe that way so its better to remove the engine all the way. It can be done in a few hours.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I would remove the battery at least. To be safe I would also take out the alternator. Use "Simple Green Motorsports". Then leave it in the sun to dry for a couple hours. If its around 75-80 it will dry pretty fast. I have done this 3 times now without a problem.

• I Donated

I use a pressure washer....however I know what not to spray direct water on lol.

Avoid any direct contact with water any any sensors or electrical connections

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
johnegg is right. If your lever by your gas door opener isn't working, then check that switch on the actual latch inside the trunk

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
do I want any parts off of this?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/2525187963.html

98 subaru legacy wagon

What are you thinking about getting off of it? Most of the parts on that car will fit your car

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived