LegacyGT.com

Did some upgrades today then realized maybe I am too old

Installed an SPT catback and reflashed to Cobb stage 1 today on an otherwise stock spec.b. Sound is great and for the first time the acceleration is smooth as silk. I was feeling pretty good till I looked at a poll on the polling forum (lease vs. buy and age) and noticed that there is no one in the legacygt group over age 56 (and I am almost 60!).

Should I sell this thing and get something more befitting my age? Like an old Cadillac Fleetwood or a Toyota Avalon? I am planning on going stage 2 when my warranty is up if I'm not in a nursing home by then :icon_sad:.

rick

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be 45 in June, stage 2.5 VF52, Perrin Turboback, JDM Rev A Bilsteins with Swift Springs, sways, Rota Tarmac II's, cleared headlights, tinted tails just to mention some of my mods. Age is mental and pressing the gas pedal on my subie makes me feel younger every day :)

That is awesome, I respect you just for that. I don't like the stereotypes that gets slapped on people! I would be proud of you!

That, and my dad just bought himself a new Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Lime Rock Green(think bright metallic lime green), and he's almost 60. Yeah lots of people have lots to say, but I thought it was pretty cool(except being green).

Be proud!

That's one thing I love about the Legacy, it fits anyone from 20 years old, up to 80 years old... but IMHO the people closer to 20 are more into the Impreza line. Being 35 and having the hunger for another Sti (had a 2004 and miss it dearly), I thought to myself that the Legacy would be the best fit given my age and my lifestyle.

We shouldn't be choosing cars because of our age though... buy what you like, and do what you like to it. :)

Installed an SPT catback and reflashed to Cobb stage 1 today on an otherwise stock spec.b. Sound is great and for the first time the acceleration is smooth as silk. I was feeling pretty good till I looked at a poll on the polling forum (lease vs. buy and age) and noticed that there is no one in the legacygt group over age 56 (and I am almost 60!).

Should I sell this thing and get something more befitting my age? Like an old Cadillac Fleetwood or a Toyota Avalon? I am planning on going stage 2 when my warranty is up if I'm not in a nursing home by then :icon_sad:.

rick

Buy a Buick, you old geezer!;)

At the Blouch Turbo Shootout this past weekend, there was a older gentleman racing his STi. I will take a conservative guess and say he was *AT LEAST* 75.

It was awesome to see him launch and then go through the gears.

Why not? Fun is fun.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/Mattshick/Shootout/BSD2010035.jpg?t=1274659908

Age is only a number :)

That's one thing I love about the Legacy, it fits anyone from 20 years old, up to 80 years old... but IMHO the people closer to 20 are more into the Impreza line. Being 35 and having the hunger for another Sti (had a 2004 and miss it dearly), I thought to myself that the Legacy would be the best fit given my age and my lifestyle.

We shouldn't be choosing cars because of our age though... buy what you like, and do what you like to it. :)

I'm 22 and own a legacy, might be one of the youngest here lol.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

you need to talk to Jagcars. :lol: he may have you beat. and if I remember correctly he's got some mods done to his car.

Keep it! love the car you drive, be a leader not a follower. Heck the two of you could start a "old geezer" sub forum on here. :lol: I'm about to turn 40 :redface: so I'll join it.!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

rick

Been modding cars since my twenties . Now 46 and still going strong. Never give up . At my local autocross there are guys well into their 60's and 70's modifying and racing . This is not exactly a hobby you get too old for in a physical sense . My pops is 76 and still drives his mercedes AMG like a bat out of hell (except at night where his vision is scary bad) he was a race rally driver in my homeland in Chile and was instrumental in helping me get bit by the car modding bug

I'll be 45 in June, stage 2.5 VF52, Perrin Turboback, JDM Rev A Bilsteins with Swift Springs, sways, Rota Tarmac II's, cleared headlights, tinted tails just to mention some of my mods. Age is mental and pressing the gas pedal on my subie makes me feel younger every day :)

Very true, I felt about 10 years younger today (which means I felt old instead of real old).

You have the soul of a young ferocious lion if you still crave speed! Don't worry about the number thing.

About your exhaust, I got my SPT installed last week and the car sounds wicked! I had no idea a 4 banger could sound this deep and mellow. :cool:

I'm 61 with an 08 Spec. B - Cusco coilovers, Swift springs, Cusco sway bars, Cusco lower arm bars, Cusco front strut tower bar, HKS Kansai rear control arm kit, Zerosports Roll Center Adjuster, Zerosports tierod angle adjuster, and I just bought Volk Re30s. Plan on going to stage 2. I started modding VWs and Karman Gias in the 70s. Glad to see there are some other seasoned pilots here. :)

My dad is 52 with a stock s2000 and a lightly modded Ducati Monster 800. The honda is only stock cuz he can't decide to mod it or upgrade to an Elise. I'm 27 with an LGT wagon...I get the Ducati when he dies :-)

Archived