LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Also @GTteaser if i do my rear do i have to do my front as well or can i only do the rear?

You can do just the rear, i think most guys have just done the RSB since the FSB is so much more difficult to get in there. i have a 22mm RSB and i think its a huge improvement, definitely gets rid of understeer in favor of oversteer.

a lot of guys have stuck with stock endlinks. mine needed to be replaced because i live in the salt belt and there are a few options for that but moog seems to be the way to go, they are cheap and oem style/quality.

Ive checked and they seem to be in good condition, Im going to look again and might replace them once Im down there. I;ve seen Moog to be the least expensive. Does the same apply, 2015 WRX would fit the 2010 Legacy?

Probably. Most of the rear suspension (except springs and shocks) is compatible between 10-16 Legacy/Outback, 08-16 WRX, 09-15 Forester, 13-16 BRZ, Crosstrek XV and 08-16 Impreza.

There may be subtle differences in the length of end links, toe arms, upper control arms and trailing arms based mostly on ride height...ie Forester is higher Impreza, Legacy is lower than Outback, so just stay with a part from a model with comparable ride height.

I would have a new set of rear end links ready to go in when you swap the RSB. Its usually the threads that get all rusted together and most guys in your neck of the woods end up having to cut the end links off. The Moog's are good OEM replacements. I run a 22mm Whiteline bar with my stock end links, and have tracked the car without issue.

Edited by GTEASER

Been following this thread for a while to hear what everyone's opinions are. I decided to go with Eibach springs and have been looking around to find a good deal. Happen to check "Eibach's" close out page and low and behold they have the 10-11 Pro Kit springs on close out.

I emailed last night and I got an email back saying they will honor the price. Reason for the email was to , A) Check to make sure it is valid and, B) The online store had the regular(Wrong) price. I had to call and place my order. Wanted to give you a guys a heads up if anyone was also looking for those springs.

http://eibach.com/america/en/performance-suspension/closeout

Been following this thread for a while to hear what everyone's opinions are. I decided to go with Eibach springs and have been looking around to find a good deal. Happen to check "Eibach's" close out page and low and behold they have the 10-11 Pro Kit springs on close out.

I emailed last night and I got an email back saying they will honor the price. Reason for the email was to , A) Check to make sure it is valid and, B) The online store had the regular(Wrong) price. I had to call and place my order. Wanted to give you a guys a heads up if anyone was also looking for those springs.

Swift>Eibach :hide:

^^ You will need Legacy upper front spring seats, as well as the Legacy front strut donor housings. And you will likely need a saggy butt spacer in the rear. It will be a great setup on the Outback, one that I don't think anyone has done yet.

Plan to do a 3/8" butt spacer. I also actually need rear legacy upper control arms which I have on the way. I'm actually collecting parts until I buy my outback. Once I have it I plan to take a week off and do a few modifications.

Anyone selling their stock front struts by chance?

I just called. They are sold out... :(

Really? The site said they have 3 sets available. Try emailing the customer service and tell them you wanted to buy the set at the online rate. That's what I did and they gave me a certain person number and extension to talk to and buy from.

Really? The site said they have 3 sets available. Try emailing the customer service and tell them you wanted to buy the set at the online rate. That's what I did and they gave me a certain person number and extension to talk to and buy from.

I can try a different path. I called eibach and the guy took all my information but it would wasn't allow him to place my order. He put me on hold for a while to find out and he said he checked they were out of inventory that is why his system wasn't allow him to complete my order. He apologized, it seemed genuine.

It figures, that was a screaming deal. I had already done my research and settled on eibach. I was going to buy springs in an couple months, so this was perfect.

Edited by dgoodhue

So I'm through all 82 pages - and I think the only immediate question I'm left with - which BlueLGT asked on page 48, was what if any supporting mods would be recommended when installing coilovers - and I think for me specifically in the northeast - what pieces I should probably take a look at and replace while I'm in there, even if not specifically an upgrade - I'm at 80k miles so I'm assuming some stuff is pretty beat up

I saw a thread linked where someone made a custom "sock" for the CO that looked beneficial - has anyone started producing that anywhere - did they have longevity? - my guess is they would just tear up but who knows - if I'm investing in the KW V3's just wanna try to do anything I can to keep them in good condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a thread linked where someone made a custom "sock" for the CO that looked beneficial - has anyone started producing that anywhere - did they have longevity? - my guess is they would just tear up but who knows - if I'm investing in the KW V3's just wanna try to do anything I can to keep them in good condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been experimenting making my own using those nylon backpack bags that you get at conferences/shows/meets, it's nothing hi-tech or permanent but I'm sure it will keep a ton of debris off the coilovers.

Here's an example of a bag I got at a Subaru meet, it's not the one I'm using to experiment but you get the idea

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/10/968e4ab8b0b5b2c8278ce6d08bab521a.jpg

Several companies make shock covers, search eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=231804447671&alt=web

Also, being in the NE, if your car has over 80k miles, I would get some new OEM end links and possibly front tophats since there is a steering bearing in there.