LegacyGT.com

UEL Header choice: AVO, GT Spec or Borla???

Deunan

Say no to borla.

GTspec has had pretty positive reviews on the board.

Avo i think not many run it due to the pricing and wait for shipping and such. However gauging from the mufflers which i have i would assume their craftmanship and quality are pretty top notch.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Why do you say "No" to Borla? Borla makes some pretty good quality exhaust equipment with decent fitment as well.

I am interested to hear your input.

As far as AVO, I am a Cusco/AVO/Brembo/Tenzo/Tokico man myself. I love top notch quality, but sometimes there are decently priced gear (Tokico shocks) that serve just as well as the top notch, high dollar, products.

I am sure the borla exhaust is fine. However this is why i mention it:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67585&highlight=borla+header

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12995&highlight=borla+header

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90682&highlight=borla+header

That is from a quick search, and one of our local members had the same issue with the headers cracking. They do say that aftermarket headers are destined to crack but i have seen it more from the borla headers.

R.I.P Coxx

Its not designed to crack it just happens due to the flex that happens under load and mix that in with the heat and then cool down process. It seems like some are more prone to it then others which is why the whole port and polish of the OEM headers and a cross pipe is generally your best bet.

R.I.P Coxx

I have the grimmspeed PNP coated stock w/X-over on my rotated setup ONLY because I couldn't get a 3-bolt up pipe for my GT-Spec UEL headers and rotated turbo. The GT-Spec, Maddad, XXTuning, AVO all come out of the same factory in China. IMHO, they are the best for stock location big turbos. The runners and Up diameter are bigger than stock whcih equals more flow. Becareful though...there are some companies selling a knock off on ebay that is not the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Greddy header on my WRX..... great top end power but it also made the car STUPID loud. It was already loud with the Buschur Racing catback.

It was loud enough for Ken Block to say "nice! sounds like my car" at SubieFest 2008.

Archived