• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Outback 2006 Wiring:

Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Blue/Red

Radio Ignition Switched 12V+ Wire: Yellow/Red

Radio Ground Wire: Black

I spliced my harness into the switched power (Yellow/Red). The harness comes with a diagram that tells you which wire to splice into the car's power. It was pretty easy. You just need a wire cutter, wire stripper and some electrical tape. Be sure that it's all very secure, and by all means, test it before you reinstall the radio.

Just got the Pro Kit today in the mail! Just one question, where do I connect the 2 brown wires from the PAC ground loop interupt module?

http://www.jazzyengineering.com/images/SNI-1.jpeg

In the very first post you say not for aussie or jap models due to the C thing .. has this been worked around yet as this seems the option to me, rather than purchase the split dash with digital controls, then a stereo and a aerial plug convertor.

Thanks in advance

Q.

• 3 weeks later...

Where is everyone running the wire that goes to the ipod (or iphone or whatever)?? thru the compartment above the radio? by the emergency brake? any pics of this finished install? I haven't mod'd my car at all (yet) so Id like to see what a finished install looks like. I'm pretty good w/ electronics etc so thats not a concern. Just want to know where it seems to be in the best place?

THANKS

LOVE THE FORUM BTW

Where is everyone running the wire that goes to the ipod (or iphone or whatever)?? thru the compartment above the radio? by the emergency brake? any pics of this finished install? I haven't mod'd my car at all (yet) so Id like to see what a finished install looks like. I'm pretty good w/ electronics etc so thats not a concern. Just want to know where it seems to be in the best place?

THANKS

LOVE THE FORUM BTW

I ran mine through the armrest compartment. You'll have to drill a hole to fit the jack through. I'll see about getting a picture up to show you.

Just got the Pro Kit today in the mail! Just one question, where do I connect the 2 brown wires from the PAC ground loop interupt module?

http://www.jazzyengineering.com/images/SNI-1.jpeg

Same deal here... No instructions for that... :confused:

Hi Guys,

Please cut the brown wires off. They are there to provide separate reference grounds to either side of the GLI for outdated studio audio equipment that will freak out without a reference ground.

Your car stereo does not need a reference ground. Also - if you connect the two brown wires together, it defeats the purpose of the GLI entirely - so don't do it. Just cut them off.

Sorry for the confusion. :)

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Need to run an iphone for podcasts and music in my 06 spec b.

Is this the best option?

Compare to radio frequency adapters where I just tune my radio to a particular frequency???

THanks!

I just installed my kit yesterday. Highly recommend you purchase this kit. 100% better than a FM transmitter.

Sold: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B #104 of 500

Ok, so I tried my iPhone with the Jazzy Mtn kit and like I thought, it throws the phone into Airplane mode which means you will not be able to receive any phone calls.

Thanks JrUbow. I got everything installed but the power wires so it charges while playing.

Can you explain why plugging in the iphone puts it in airplane mode.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you'll be willing to patiently answer a few newbie questions about this. No, I have NOT read every post in this thread, but I don't really have a week off to spare to do that, so... here goes:

I've got to get my ipod hooked up in my 06 legacy, and people seem to rave about this approach.

1) Can you please explain the relative difficulties of the jazzy approach versus a direct FM modulator? Are they equally easy or hard to pull off, or is one more hard than the other?

2) I am not really an audiophile. I get that the jazzy will produce better sound than a direct FM modulator, but enough better to warrant going this route instead of that route? (Especially in light of your answer to question 1 above.)

3) Any other general thoughts about the best approach to getting ipod hooked up for someone that is not an audiophile would be appreciated. And yes, I have tried a wireless FM transmitter and boy do they suck. You don't need to be an audiophile to know to throw that junk away.

4) I am pretty handy with my hands, and am not afraid to undertake a project like this, but I will admit that I am more experienced with plumbing and carpentry than I am with electronics. Would you recommend this upgrade for a guy with slightly above-average fix-it skills but no particular experience with car audio?

Thanks very much!

Cronkey!

I'd spend up to about $400 for a good solution. I'd love to just replace the radio for a new unit that took ipod. I wouldn't mind a much better tuner anyway. But Subie seems to have made that no so much of an option. Thanks.

Cronkey

Hey Cronkey,

Reason I ask is that for about 450-575 you can simply buy a 2007-2009 Subaru radio assembly. You are right, if you have digital climate controls you CANNOT put in an aftermarket radio system.

However, in 2007 Subaru made the AUX IN standard in the Legacy so all you need to do is order a newer radio.

I'm probably going to go that route soon.

I don't feel like hacking into the radio to put in my own aux-in although it is much cheaper. I would rather have all the controls and ability built right into the deck.

just my thoughts....

The mistake is they didn't think about the people who drive a car like this and the mods that the typical LGT driver may want to make... I don't know such as upgrading the audio system. The fact that you have to Frankenstein the audio system to up grade it is in MY OPINION an oversight or mistake on the part of Subaru designers.

• 3 weeks later...

another happy customer!

Put the 05 outback hitch on our 05 legacy yesterday! And today, i tackled this aux board for the ipod. productive weekend!

Used the ipod pro kit. The instructions online (that i saw at least) are not really geared towards the newer aux board, and the pro kit with the splicing needed to wire the power. The instructions for removing the trim pieces are superb. Once you get to the part where you put in the actual electronics, it got just a LITTLE more confusing. Especially since the newer parts dont perfectly match up with the instructions. I was obviously able to work with it just fine though!

All in all, took me two and a half, to three hours or so. Taking my time, and getting hung up on a couple stupid things.

For the IPOD Power, Ended up tying the power wire to the visible red wire going into the cig lighter in the ashtray... Just cut it, and crimped in a line connection, and electrical taped the entire crimped connector. I just put the ground wire on a screw on the stereo chassis.

It works GREAT! I have no regrets and would buy this again in a minute. Have recommended it already! If you're on the fence - do it... It's really a nice finished product, and the install wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. This is the best possible solution for the 05 aux issue.

The sound quality is amazing. No hiss from the cd whatsoever.

oh - and i ended up drilling a hole right in the bottom of the armrest compartment (next to aux power socket). I just used a one inch spade bit so the ipod power cord could fit through. And i slit the little carpet piece that fits in the bottom to just let the wires through. double sided taped the little carpet piece, so it doesnt move around, and its perfect.

Funny - that was the first two things I did to my Outback too - hitch first, then XM. :)

Glad to hear everything went well. Thx for the feedback - I swear, some day I will update the instructions! (gah!)

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

im sure you tried this - but make sure your ipod volume is up... and fuss with the 1/8" stereo jack too (where it plugs into your ipod). Sometimes the jack wears... Pull it in and out, and turn it while the ipod is playing thru the dash unit. See if you hear any change in volume.