LegacyGT.com

vibrations during braking

This is normal but needs to be fixed. Mine came from the factory like that. Just stake it back to the dealer and they will shave the rotors slightly and it will be fine.

I had to have mine done at 1000 miles and at 6k+ it has been all good

It could be excessive wind resistance on the surface of the car. Wash and wax it and see if that helps. :D

J/K What the other guys suggested is likely the cause. I've had that happen with warped rotors before too. Take your car to the dealership and have them check it out.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

My brother had that happen with his LGT. The dealer fixed it. I don't recall if it involved replacement of the brake rotors, or if they were resurfaced.

I had that happen with my S4. Audi replaced the brake rotors under warranty.

i've noticed my steering wheel vibrates when im braking, usually happens when im exiting off of a highway. im not slamming on the brakes either. u guys notice that?

I had the same problem. Subaru shaved the rotors and all is well. The car had less than 1000 miles at the time.

The Subaru mechanic I spoke with said this is more common with "non-GT" Legacys. Allegedly, the rotors on the GT are thicker and vented. Mine is a GT Limited.

I have had this problem since I picked the car up too, and I knew what it was,but was so exicted about the car I let it go. I only have 900 miles, but I don't want to deal with the dealer telling me they are going to turn the rotors, because I have had bad luck with turned rotors in the past, they just warp again because they are thinner.

I want the dealer to replace the rotors with new ones no questions asked. I bought a NEW car, not a used car.

Sorry- trying to be funny.

I think the general idea is to get moving at a pretty decent clip and apply very light, consistent pressure to your brakes. This will "burn off" the deposits.

I corrected mine by getting the car up to about 90 a few times and then stomping fairly hard on the brakes. This will make everything super hot, so be sure you don't put the ebrake on when you are done, or else you'll end up with the exact same problem.

I think it's the compound of the stock pads. I might be changing mine soon, FWIW.

The Ebrake uses a inner hub drum-brake-like system instead of the calipers so you can use them instead of the pedal brakes at stop signs/traffic lights to stay put.

If you drive/brake aggresively, the brake shake will return and your cheapest option is to get more aggresive pads.

I keed I keeed

Just got my brakes resurfaced today and tehy fell liek new! Feels like a totally different car. I also told the dealership about them overfilling my oil. Thery darined it, filled it again to spec and gave me the next two oil changes for free for the mistake. They are cool peeps.

X

---

The Ebrake uses a inner hub drum-brake-like system instead of the calipers so you can use them instead of the pedal brakes at stop signs/traffic lights to stay put.

If you drive/brake aggresively, the brake shake will return and your cheapest option is to get more aggresive pads.

I hate taking my car to the dealer so I opted to get aftermarket pads. I have the Bobcat Carbotech. 2000 miles and no vibrations so far. Some do have some issues on these pads. So check this forum.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Really? Where are the drums?

From where I am, most of us have upgraded our brakes to Brembos, APs, Endless, Wilwoods etc..etc cos we all felt that stock brakes cannot make it. Check out the attachment

yea i wish i can afford that kinda upgrade. i think for now, i can swing some aftermarket pads. when i had my integra, i used hawks....love those things.

Archived