LegacyGT.com

Equipment and prices variations in Canada

I just went by the Subaru dealer coming back from work and picked up a 4-page Specs and Features mini-brochure they had for the new Legacy. Their lot is slowly filling with 2.5i Legacies and Outbacks, but not a Turbo in sight... As I live in Canada, I am talking about Canadian specs. I compared the brochure with the U.S. specs and features (see brochure thread) and have noted a few significant differences: --- On the 2.5i base model, heated mirrors, heated wiper de-icers and heated seats are standard. In the U.S., one has to get the 2,5i Limited to get these. Considering our sub-artic climate, a nice gesture from Subaru. --- On the non-Limited 2.5 GT, dual zone automatic climate control and engine immobilizer are standard equipment. In the U.S., the immobilizer comes only on the wagon and the ACC with the Limited. These additions help ease the pain of the GT being relatively higher priced in Canada. At 28,000 $C the base 2.5i Sedan is priced at an exchange rate of about 0.75 vs. the U.S., while the GT is more around 0.71. Of course, pricing the GT Sedan at .75 exchange rate would have put it at 34,700$, cheaper that the 35,500 $ Impreza WRX. At 36,500$, the 2.5 GT Sedan is still only 1000$ more than the WRX. The canadian dollar exchange rate is currently hovering around .73, after reaching .77 earlier this year The problem with the price of the WRX in Canada is that it was set at a time when the value of the Canadian dollar was around .65 $ U.S. And of course, prices can never go down. To maintain a relationship with the overpriced WRX, Subaru Canada is more or less forced to overprice the Legacy GT in Canada, which will probably not help its sales. Oh....One last thing: the Taupe interior is not available in Canada on any Legacy. It's black all the way.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']Does Canada get fold down rear seats in the sedan?[/quote] Nope Canadian-specific site: [url]www.subarulegacy.ca[/url] But it is only a teaser site. SOC site ([url]www.subaru.ca[/url]) still presents the 2004 Legacy :x

[quote name='Drift Monkey']Intresting since Candian Spec WRXs (STis too?) get fold down rear seats (I think?).[/quote] Only Impreza Wagons get fold-flat rear seats in Canada. Just like our neighbours to the south, Impreza and Legacy sedans get that cheesey pass-through spot between the rear seats. Oh well, at least we get heated seats through almost the entire Subaru line-up. Also, the new Canada-spec Legacy site will be up soon, though it will be alittle longer before the normal website is showing the new model-year specs and pics.

[quote name='Subaru-aholic'] Also, the new Canada-spec Legacy site will be up soon, though it will be alittle longer before the normal website is showing the new model-year specs and pics.[/quote] 8) Soooooooooo.......Would you, by coincidence, work for Subaru Canada Suba-aholic? What else can you tell us? :D I would certainly like to see the exact MSRP of each and every model in the Legacy line in Canada

[quote name='ZenZa']I'm wondering why there's no Homelink system on the Legacy. :?:[/quote] The decisive powers at SOA have included it only on the VDC. This is just a convenience item and should be included as an option on ALL models IMO. I hate those junky little transmitters that come with door openers and I hate junking up the inside of my car by hanging them on the visor or whatever. So in my case it is needed.

Archived