LegacyGT.com

Strut and spring issues.

I have a 96 legacy outback. I have legacy gt sedan kyb- gr2 struts and h&r springs. The front went together well the back struts however are to tall the springs are a half inch loose with the strut together something a miss. so I have the wrong strut or spring? The h&r springs say 90-99 legacy except wagon so I went to parts house and legacy gt sedan was indentical to wagon what am I missing? Ip ut the stock outback spring back for now but I want to finger this out. Please help thanks dumbass newbie

Yeah, you might have Outback struts....They are roughly two inches taller when compressed, and just over an inch taller when extended.

No one actually makes "wagon" lowering springs anymore... They are technically supposed to be stiffer than "sedan" springs, as it was from the factory (OEM wagon spring rates were about 60 lbs/in stiffer than OEM sedan springs).

• 2 weeks later...

The kyb excel-g struts I ordered were the 33415's, and the 33416's. I seem to have the same issue (rear h&r springs seemingly too short for struts). This is on my 98 brighton wagon, and even with the 3/8" strut spacers I'm still experiencing minor butt sag. =/

Did you ever find the right struts?

I ordered the kyb gr2s for my 98 LGT sedan

I have installed:

334111 and 334112 on the front

33415 and 33416 on the rear

It looks like you have the same model rear struts as me. You have the H&R springs, right?

If you take off your rear struts, the spring isn't loose?

This combination is a popular set up. I'm surprised this is the only post mentioning it.

Archived