LegacyGT.com

Crawdaddy79's dash cam collection of NOVA's bad drivers.

Crawdaddy79

Damn it's been a while since my last thread update....

June 19th, 2014: Episode 14

May 7th, 2012: Episode 6 is DONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jan 22nd, 2012: Episode 5 is FINALLY DONE

It's pretty long (12 minutes). I really couldn't make it shorter. I tried, I really did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OCT 20, 2011: EPISODE 4 IS DONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SEP 18 , 2011 UPDATE: EPISODE 3 IS DONE (Has the best content of the three, I think)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUG 12 , 2011 UPDATE: EPISODE 2 IS DONE

~~~Original Post Below~~~

Thought about posting this in General Chat, but figured those familiar with the Northern Virginia area would get more of a kick out of it, so I'm posting it here instead.

What I did was make a music video of sorts, set to road shenanigans that we commonly see.

I've had a long look at dashcam videos on YouTube for a lot of users, and I think I'm the first to make a music video out of it (or to put forth any serious effort to edit it).

Anyway, you can watch it here:

Of course, if I do make more videos I will post them in this thread.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice. Being from the Baltimore area I can appreciate the crap you deal with. What type of camera system do you have? I've looked around a lot and haven't found anything worth investing in.

It's just a Kodak ZX5 on a cheap suction cup mount, on top of a GPS pad (for GPS suction cups) for the dash board. I'm going to need to get a better suction cup mount though - this one is flexible aluminum, and it's gradually getting weaker as it sits in the heat.

This is hilarious. Great video! I really :lol: at the frowning faces you put on the cars. Everytime one popped up I cracked up.

I think it is VA period. Everything in your video I see daily on my way to work....lol. In fact one of the last times I was hit, was by a guy making a uturn from the right lane and turned into me....said he didn't see anyone coming (uh still doesn't make it a legal turn either way)....then not too long after that I was making a left turn in the right left turn lane (there were two lanes to turn left)...the lady to the left of me completely disregarded the solid white line that showed her where to turn...decided she needed more room than she was given and came into my lane and side swiped me.......proceeded to Lowe's parked and went shopping. When she came out myself and 4 Hampton cops were waiting for her and she said oh gosh I didn't even know I hit her.....but I had her paint all down the side of my car and mine was on the corner of her front bumper.

Some people's children....

can pretty much ID that as DC metro area without the signs. The sheer number of people who don't pay attention to what exit they need, turn lanes, merge lanes, other cars. Half the reason why the beltway is such a shitshow is from people bolting from the left most lane at the last second to catch their exit.

Thanks again for the compliments everyone.

The sad face smiley plate was an idea I just had to implement once I thought of it. At first I was going to put ID10T on them, but ... dunno. I didn't want to come across as an asshole. I left the frown poorly drawn on purpose. It seemed more appropriate somehow.

I'm collecting clips for a 2nd video but have no idea what song I'll use. Think I'm going to get away from techno/metal (or whatever that was) and go for something with a sort of humorous sound (I did find one song called Taxi Driver by some ska band back when I was doing this video. Will have to find it again when I get home.)

That was hysterical. Reminds me of the last time I went down to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. I can't remember what highway I was on, but it was a straight road for like 10 miles and for whatever reason I saw about 6 cars that had lost control on that stretch and in the grass center...

• I Donated

Looks like Baltimore with more traffic. :lol:

Baltimore is the 20th most populous metropolitan area in the US, but has the 14th worst traffic according to the INRIX Traffic Scorecard... either our highways suck, our drivers suck, or both. I'm voting for both. :spin:

http://scorecard.inrix.com/scorecard/Top100Metros.asp

• 4 weeks later...

When you mix inattentive NoVa drivers with hyper-aggressive Maryland drivers things get ugly.

If you take requests, I would suggest making a few passes taking Rt. 1 north onto the beltway. The best is to take 495 toward Richmond and see how many people stop nearly dead in front of you trying to get to the front of the Maryland-bound line.

I've gotta look into the dashcam setup you have. I'd love to put together a setup. It'd be really useful on my commute.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived