LegacyGT.com

Magnaflow Exhaust Dilemma

Malone75

I bought this exhaust 2 weeks ago and haven't had a chance to put it on yet. Well I was gonna put on after church this sinday but I opened up the instructions to see what tools I needed and magnaflow has a warranty form in there. Stating a professional installer must install it to have the lifetime warranty. So who is trustworthy in VA to put a magnaflow cbe on besides meineke on 17 they suck LOL.

I am stationed at Langley AFB in Hampton Roads. But willing to travel a bit to get it installed. Hopefully Monday the 1st of november, I am off that day.

Ohk first off if you really really really want to pay to install it and you have no mechanical savvy whatsoever then yes take it to a ehxaust shop. Getting another forum member to install still doesn't solve your problem of having a professional install the system.

Second installing this system is a 4 out of 10 because you have to jack the car up. you are only looking at 6 bolt (2 for mid car flange, 2 for each muffler) The only tools i used to put this on my 2.5i ( yeah the non turbo model but same Magna Flow System) were 12 and 14 mm sockets one long flat head to slip the hangers out and some spray lube to help slip the new mufflers into the hangers.

Also you might have to pay $100 to have it installed but piece of mind may be worth that much to you. You will love it once in is on your car and if you need a resonator to quiet it down once you hear the drone I have a spare Magna Flow one ;):lol::rolleyes: for a good price

No I can do it myself no problem. Before I came in the military. I was a mechanic at a chevrolet,cadillac,etc.dealership. So I am ASE certified in engines and brakes. I just thought to get the warranty from magnaflow you had to have a workorder for it. But if I don't need it I will put it on this weekend for sure. 100 is what they quoted :lol: and that was funny cuz it wood take no longer then a half hour to put it on. Did you go to a rent a stall place or jack it up using a floor jack??

What are you seriously worried about going wrong with the exhaust that you're willing to pay someone to unbolt a few bolts and re-tighten them again for you.

i have always loved magnaflow..and it is all I have used for the past 8 years...

however....

their welds are known for rusting

other than that...I can't think of a single reason the warranty would matter.

if you're still ase certified, i think that would qualify you as a professional installer. i mean... it's just bolts.

+ 1 For some strange reason that you have to warranty it I'd just shoot them a copy of that ASE cert. What could they possibly say to that?

Oh yea me and zenfamily put it on and it was a real B**** to get the magnaflow unit through the stock exhaust hangers. We were going to use water but I one up'd it and used astroglide LOL It actually works awesome.

try lubing up the hanger with liquid wrench next time. it'll slide right off with minimal effort. ;)

Archived