LegacyGT.com

aligning trunk lid

johnboi85

ever since i owned my legacy, the trunk has always stuck out the rear about 3mm. i decided to get it aligned today after work. i removed the trim under the trunk lid and the trim around the trunk arms. i loosened the four bolts. one hole on ear side is a perfect circle and the other is elongated. how do i move them if only one of the two holes on each side is a perfect circle? needless to say i couldn't get it aligned. should i elongate the circular holes w/ a carbide bit for more adjustment? or is there something i'm missing?

I've aligned the trunk before when I did a trunk swap with my car and someone elses.

Which bolts on the arms are you adjusting? You should be adjusting from the arms attached to the trunk itself and not from the arms attached to the deck lid. You will need to have someone inside your trunk to tighten down the bolts as you look at the spacing from the outside.

Yes, remove the trunk lid liner and loosen and tighten the bolts on that end. Make sure the trunk is completely closed and locked when adjusting. Someone inside the trunk should be able to tighten the bolts from the inside.

Archived