LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep that one haha I'm hoping I can get it unstuck so I wont have to call AAA (I got 2 tows left out of 5) but if I gotta then I have to do it.

but I really wanted a outback from the start so yes I will be working long and hard to get it back on the road.

Will be my first time dropping the tranny so it's going to be fun :)

I might buy some other jackstands since the max height on my stands are 16 3/8" i'm not sure if it's going to be high enough to turn the transmission sideways to get it from under the car.

This looks like 10 to me? right?

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y378/charmzdub/Mugen%20si%20and%20Subaru/DSC02041.jpg

that looks like 0 to me.. what are we looking at?
My car died at 236,917

because of this...

is your shift knob the '95 original? mine is completely unreadable.

Depends, L and GT/outback have different speedos. And 95-97 and 98-99 have different speedos

Yes I know, but I know he has a 99 and it has the same speedo as the 98.. 95-96 are the same, gauge cluster was changed for 97, then was changed again for 98-99. That is what I have gathered.

that looks like 0 to me.. what are we looking at?

Ya, it's at zero there, but i'm sayin the first tick mark which is 5 ticks below the 20 is 10mph, seeing as how each tick between 20 and 30 is 2mph. anything under 10mph is pretty much unreadable because there are no tick marks from 0-10

The one above is 98/99, the pic below is a 97 cluster, and the 95/96 were white needles and gauges that look the same as 97 but go up to 140.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z314/987687/98%20Legacy%20GT/230k.jpg

I hit 237,000 this weekend

Good thing I'll be driving 600 miles a week in the fall... I can catch up with you. haha.

Although, my car will have a turbo forester 5speed and built engine... heh.

If you idle at 400 something is messed up. That's low. You're probably reading the gauge wrong.

True - should be somewhere near/at 650 at idle

Today was a fucked up day for my car. Pulling out of work to get lunch a truck went by, threw up a rock and broke my windshield. Cracked right in half. Great.

Sorry to hear that - that's hard to shrug off.

The bam CEL pops on. After work I was mounting my summer tires and smelled gas at the back right.... I'm not even going to bother to read the code.... There's another $100 down the drain in a stupid filler neck.

Check your gas filler cap. If the edges are cracked around the gas cap seal (or it's loose), then the evap system will sense an error and throw a CEL - and you'll smell gasoline. There's a TSB out (IIRC) about the evap canister mechanism, part of which is right under the right rear corner of the car... you can look up and see it there. Check all of your fittings/connections, including the one to the filler neck to make sure that everything is connected and that nothing has corroded off (rusted/salted apart).

Good luck with all of it.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Good thing I'll be driving 600 miles a week in the fall... I can catch up with you. haha.

Although, my car will have a turbo forester 5speed and built engine... heh.

I actually hope I don't put more miles on it because that means more gasoline savings. :lol: So you can beat me if ya want lol

Just got back my car from the shop today...time to add some miles again. Picked up the car with 107,281.

I'll try to remember to post my mileage just before I leave for chasing in the Plains...and immediately when I return. I'm estimating 7,000 miles in two weeks of chasing.

Just got back my car from the shop today...time to add some miles again. Picked up the car with 107,281.

I'll try to remember to post my mileage just before I leave for chasing in the Plains...and immediately when I return. I'm estimating 7,000 miles in two weeks of chasing.

chasing? sounds interesting.

Fun stuff. I grew up in SD. Lots of great weather to watch!

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

180k on the body, 142k on the 2.2 i swaped in after redoing the head gasket on the 2.5 four times.

What did you use for gaskets, and how did you do them?!

I have 231k on my legacy, and totally unknown miles on my 2.2 swap. It runs and drives me to work, I don't really care...

just hit 185,000 on mine at my latest oil change :p got it around 150,000 miles for my 99 legacy 2.5 gt 30th anniversary limited and after a bunch of headaches from poor maintence from the last owner its running strong now.