LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

valve clearance?

Max Capacity has his signature that tells people to check their 'oil level'; me I keep telling people to check their valve clearance :lol:.

I had to replace 5 buckets on mine the worst one was like 0.16

I just did the 217,000 oil change. I have the 0171 booger, and can't find the vacuum leak. There is a spot of oily residue on the seam of the Intercooler. I thought I found it on a hose that wasn't tight enough. It's going in PA inspection in a few weeks, and I don't want to pay the friendly mechanic to fix it.

Replaced the original VF-40 with a Six Star Speed VF-39, at 314600 miles. That's been on the shelf for almost 3yrs. Drop DP & check turbo for shaft play: Not bad, no in & out, but some up & down, but not enough play to hit the sides of the turbo housings.

Sounds like that oil bypass is working out for you. Thinking of doing that in the spring.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

for shits and giggles i thought I'd check in. still miss my LGT. sold it to a dude in Florida. he reached back out to tell that he has plans to pull the engine, redo the seals and bump up the HP to 300.

what am I driving now? a '13 Crosstrek. It's ok. Meh.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 3 months later...
new to the forum...just bought a new to me 2006 LGT with 172000k mods all done prior to purchase..cobb access port v3, cobb catless down pipe, xs blowoff, muffler delete, banjo screen delete...hope it holds together for a while and so far so good at 1100 miles put on by me

Just came back home, went to do some sweet boosting in single digit cold with my 6 years old daughter. She loves when LGT starts pulling ;)

Less than 100 miles shy of 209K.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

212k miles now on my 05 LGT. 35K on the motor rebuild.

Stock turbo still... everything else is original less the normal wear/tear.

I think I might have the front struts going out, finally... getting some clunking at low speed over bumps. The transmission is a little whiny, but still going. Rust on both rear quarters... just behind the door.. been trying to stay on top of it.

212k miles now on my 05 LGT. 35K on the motor rebuild.

Stock turbo still... everything else is original less the normal wear/tear.

I think I might have the front struts going out, finally... getting some clunking at low speed over bumps. The transmission is a little whiny, but still going. Rust on both rear quarters... just behind the door.. been trying to stay on top of it.

Around the some mileage I replaced my OEM struts, 220k. The car started not holding the line on rough roads in the corners.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Replaced head gaskets due to slow leak on coolant. Rust in rear fenders has also been repaired, front fenders have no rust.

While in service I added the IPT valve body rebuild. While engine apart, I replace all belts, rubber items , water pump, motor mount..etc. Short block was inspected and did not need any work. Heads were also machined.

Engine back together and running stronger then ever.

Replaced head gaskets due to slow leak on coolant. Rust in rear fenders has also been repaired, front fenders have no rust.

While in service I added the IPT valve body rebuild. While engine apart, I replace all belts, rubber items , water pump, motor mount..etc. Short block was inspected and did not need any work. Heads were also machined.

Engine back together and running stronger then ever.

How do you feel about the valvebody for before boost rpm around town?

Did you send in a spare for them to mod and replace yours with it or just send yours in?

Any pictures of before and after for rust and an idea of cost?

Last weekend it rolled over 320k.

Good to hear...been wondering how much longer I want to keep the wagon. It still drives well, just wonder what's going to need attention next. Still taking it to VT skiing and use it as a DD.

Has a little rust on the bottom of the right front door, have to keep after that so it doesn't get to bad. Also has a small rust hole behind the left rear tire, keep that treated too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Bought my 05 LGT limited over a year ago with 209k and leaking HG, about $4k later (MLS HG,water pump, timing belt, machine work, VF52, big TMIC, catless UP, catted down, suspension parts, and TA tune). Purrs like a kitten, a lot faster, and right at 214k miles.

Hopefully I can get to Hammerdown's 300k+ :)

108k miles on our '05 LGT wagon. Stock engine and turbo. The car runs like a dream and burns no oil between changes at 3500 miles. We bought it in Albuquerque 5 years ago and it's been a Colorado (non mountain town) car ever since so zero rust anywhere. Hehe, the hubs still slid right off when I did the rear bearings.

When I drive my mom's '11 Outback and get back into the LGT, I feel like I've just stepped out of a trash truck into a Ferrari F355.:lol: