LegacyGT.com

Chair Rattle

Molal24

I don't know if any of you guys can help me out here...Every time I go over some minor cracks in the road I think my passenger seat rattles. I'm thinking this because when someone is in it, no rattle... I've tried adjusting the back of the seat and nothing...Still the same annoying rattle. I also tried moving the seat all the way up toward the dash and all the way back. Still nothing... Now I'm thinking maybe there's a loose screw somewhere between the back of the seat and the bottom? Anyone?

Are you sure it's the seat? Could be the seat belt buckle rattling against the B-pillar - that's what is going on in my car. That would also explain why there is no rattle when somebody is in the seat.

^^ The seat belt buckle had me going for a while too. Just needed to turn it the other way and that went away. Also both my headrests would rattle when in the down position. I fixed that by removing the headrest and squeezing the metal rods so they were slightly bent inward. That tightened everything up. Fixed!

Try giving the upper part of the seat a good hit.

If you can hear it rattle from that, it may be a lever inside of the back of the seat.

Part of the lumbar support can detach and cause this rattle.

(bugged me out for the longest time)

If this is the case you will have to open the back of the seat up and reattach it.

• 5 months later...

Archived