LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy gas issue

hey I have a 07 legacy. I recently relocated my display gauge to my ash tray, but I think in the cutting and soldering wires process I messed something up. when I fill my tank up in my 2.5i I get 280 reading on my display. what are you other 07 members getting?

hey i have an 07 legacy, i recently reloctaed my display guage to my ash tray, but i think in the cuting and soldering wires agian i messed something up. when i fill my tank up in my 2.5i i get 280 reading on my display. what are you other 07 members getting?

Will check next time I fill up.

hey I have a 07 legacy. I recently relocated my display gauge to my ash tray, but I think in the cutting and soldering wires process I messed something up. when I fill my tank up in my 2.5i I get 280 reading on my display. what are you other 07 members getting?

PICS PLEASE!!! 280 is about right.

Try the math, I think the Legacy has a 13.3 gallon fuel tank. Multiply this by your average gas mileage (use the A or B setting you change the least so it's a better average) then take off around 10% as a Subaru fudge factor - they don't want customer complaining about running out of gas when they drove the exact mileage the display shows.

I'm pretty sure it uses the average. If you drive the hell out of your car like you mentioned, you obviously aren't going to be able to travel as far on a full tank of gas. If I get on the highway after filling up, I can get the display to show over 400 miles left on the tank.

Guest Gitster
Yeah mines always between 340-380. I think it calculates it from your current average MPG, so it may vary between cars??

Their numbers are low because of how new the car is, they don't have a good established average MPG yet (and from what I have noticed, my gas mileage has gotten better the more miles I put on the car). And yes, 17 gallons is the size of our tank. I usually put in 14-15 when I fill up shortly after the gas light comes on.

yea its based on average, mine actually changes when i drive sometimes like when im driving to NH i reset my trip odo and itll start at maybe 280 and after about 40miles itll actually go up to maybe 300 since my average will be up so much being on cruise control

Said 320 last night when I filled up, but I seem to be getting less than that. I drive about 90% city miles though so that might be the reason why I get lower than expected mileage. Also, the car only has around 1200 miles on it, so I don't expect it to get any better until around 10k miles.

Archived