LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Fredrik has Cusco, RailKill has ISC, s2baru has Megan, wrxwhit has J2, and few have GTSpec. There are also Whiteline and Agency Power. Someone here had the AP ones but I can't remember who. Haven't heard of any issues with any of them.

I think Gborja88, but he had the originals that have since been discontinued and replaced with a new part number. I don't think he replaced them with the new model, I think he got Cusco instead. I know someone else has them, but can't remember who.

Fredrik has Cusco, RailKill has ISC, s2baru has Megan, wrxwhit has J2, and few have GTSpec. There are also Whiteline and Agency Power. Someone here had the AP ones but I can't remember who. Haven't heard of any issues with any of them.

That is a DAMD good memory, GTEASER. I can't remember $hit these days :lol:

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

^^Yes. As far as aftermarket springs go, 2.5i, GT and 3.6R can all use the same. Although H&R has 2 different part numbers (for 2.5i/GT and 3.6R) but any actual difference there has not been confirmed. I am actually running H&R 3.6R spring in my GT.

^^Yes. As far as aftermarket springs go, 2.5i, GT and 3.6R can all use the same. Although H&R has 2 different part numbers (for 2.5i/GT and 3.6R) but any actual difference there has not been confirmed. I am actually running H&R 3.6R spring in my GT.

Thank you sir! Ordering my springs right meow!

Pics after installing springs, H&R Sport p/n 54427. Hopefully anticipating some more settling in the weeks to come. I can definitely feel an improvement in cornering.. feel very planted. Very slight camber in rear wheels (don't have exact numbers). I don't feel it bouncing too much over small rollers, though my oem shocks are only 18 months old so I probably can't talk to that just yet. Feel more in control in general, very happy with the purchase. Excellent price too through Emnotek.

Quick measurements, center hub to top of arch, ± 1/16":

FL - 14.5"..... FR - 14.75"

RL - 14.5"..... RR - 14.5"

In my haste I forgot to measure oem heights so there's nothing to compare to, unless someone stock wants to quickly measure theirs?

20140523_171400.thumb.jpg.0268ca96c9bf38e5ca70c289998320b1.jpg

20140523_171418.thumb.jpg.892cd75f7a8c9d86f3b0cec74f832c44.jpg

308704531_heightcompare.thumb.jpg.63dd85a444caa313f3b82d7453b00195.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Alright thoughts and opinions on Tzero's vs. Fortune 500's w/ swift spring upgrade. Personal experience with either would be appreciated. Trying to get my parts list nailed down so I can get started as soon as I get back state side.

Alright thoughts and opinions on Tzero's vs. Fortune 500's w/ swift spring upgrade. Personal experience with either would be appreciated. Trying to get my parts list nailed down so I can get started as soon as I get back state side.

just reading the vendor information at:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fortune-auto-coilovers-211353.html

Tarmac zeros do not have compression/rebound adjustment and are twin-tube.

Tarmac zeros start at a 340# spring and you can go up to a 400# spring option versus a more "stroke" with the swift springs (as described by vendor).

And, I believe I see some adjustment on the fortune top-hats.

Just two completely different set-ups.

My experience with the TZ has been pretty good so far. I do wiish it had more a little more travel, but I've gotten used to it.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Thanks, after reading through the wealth of knowledge in this forum everyone seems to be pretty happy with their setup. But seems like the Tarmacs are favored for performance and quality, and the Fortunes are favored for price and adjustability. Just trying to hear more specifics from owners that have had them.

The big advantage with fortune is they are made to order. And highly customizable with the various add ons etc.

I love mine but I am not an expert in suspension nor have tried others. They work for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Awesome, thats primarily what im looking for is owners experience with them. Although I am leaning more towards the fortunes. As this is my first real dive into suspension that isn't lifting the vehicle. Do you believe the camber plate and radial bearing upgrades are worth it or not. I know that the swift spring upgrades are a must, but I am unsure about the others.

SomeZero, what spring rates are you currently running?

Edited by BlueLGT408

And the answers you are going to get will be in line with what you just said.

There are those who will say upgrade and there are those that will say don't.

If you are going to make your car, for the lack of a better word, track prepared, then changing the endlinks is just one of several oem "dirty bit" (as a whiteline sales guy called it) replacements..

If you are doing minor suspension changes then maybe oem or oem replacement will do just fine.

One member, I believe ruthchard, had a pic of a bent rear endlink. It may have been with a 24mm rsb.

Some will say they would rather put that money toward other mods. And, some believe it makes a difference and do it anyway.

Long story short, for some strange reason, it seems to be as personal as wheel choice.

I've autox'ed and tracked on stock end links with a 22mm WL RSB without issue. Im going to put my money toward other mods. Until I have an issue or they just plain old wear out, I will keep running them, and probably replace them with OEM or Moog OEM replacements.

Yep, one of my stockers came apart after the first winter. Probably would have been fine if I never decided to upgrade the rear sway. The threads disintegrated holding the bolt. The other side was fine. I think the side with the gruesome death just got lucky.

If the car has been exposed to anything corrosive (like road salt) then you will probably need to replace the stock rear end links.

Being as it is a Colorado car, i'll have to take a look once I get back stateside. If needed the kartboys seem to be the favorite. Suggestions/experience with them or others?

They don't really fit that well. I had bought them originally and sold them to buy the AVO set. I like them and they are adjustable where the Kartboys are not.

Yep, one of my stockers came apart after the first winter. Probably would have been fine if I never decided to upgrade the rear sway. The threads disintegrated holding the bolt. The other side was fine. I think the side with the gruesome death just got lucky.

Same here, both of mine though. These are the things our California brethren don't take into consideration (lucky them they don't have to lol).

:lol: