LegacyGT.com

Little Help Finalizing My Build

Hey guys, I’ve on this forum for a while and have decided it’s time to do some up grades (more like I finally have some money).

Backstory, I bought my 05 RBP LGT 5EAT almost 2 Aprils ago from a Subaru sells man who leased the car brand new and decided to keep it afterwards. It had a whopping 93k, it now has about 128k, yes its been driven a lot, and I drive it a lot.

Since purchasing it I’ve done:

- 105k Maintenance

- 3 Left-rear wheel bearings

- New F/R Centric Premium Rotors

- New Hawk Ceramic Pads (Stinky)

- New vf40 at 110k

- New ej257 shortblock, sti up, all new fluids at 112.5k

- Osram Raylle 65w Low-beam, WRX lip, RA Flaps, and 35% Tint all around

Currently, I have piled up a used Cobb DP, FMS cbe, BC BR Coilovers, and an FMS tmic in transit. (I decided to give fms tmic a try as I don’t have the money to buy a pw and it was cheaper than an used avo/perrin, so I said why not?)

EDIT: Sold FMS tmic.

Plans:

Well to be honest I really don’t have any goals in mind as for as hp and torque. Though, I do want a reliable, strong car usable car, without sacrificing fuel economy, which I can daily drive for the next 5 years

I plan on doing most of the work myself as I would rather enjoy doing work on my car and buying (renting or borrowing) the necessary tools I may need, than paying to have it done (unless its out of my league).

Other than bolting on the dp and cbe, what else would I need to have to be able to bring out the most I can out of the vf40? I am staying with the vf40 as it only has about 17.7k on it and idk if I can find the money for a vf52, 16g or 18g.

EDIT: turbo housing is leaving. See post #9

I am asking as far as reliability and usability as I only want to dyno tune the car once and just let it be until we part.

Would you guys recommend a new FP? IP&T Oil Lines? KillerB Pickup? 3-port? ebc?

Any suggestions? All help will be greatly appreciated. It’s the little stuff about making everything work that gets me.

Thank you.

@gex Really? Honestly I thought there was more to it?

@max Yea i think i have to, would that be the cause of noise it makes on a really cold morning start? Also would that be the oil "up" line? One of my mechanics replaced that.

Nope, the rubber hose that gets hard and cracks and leaks the oil that has gone through the turbo onto the DP and such.

Oh,

My wagon has the stock oil lines with both banjo filters removed.

You may also want to look at the valve body up grade in the Tranny forum by HEXMODs

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So the FMS Tmic came in today that I ordered off another member on here. He had never opened other than to take a picture for the fs thread.

Initiation Review:

EDIT: Sold it. Didn't need it for my goals and the splitter wouldnt have worked.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just found out my turbo housing is leaking on my 17.7k vf40. Looks like I might need another. Any suggestions on what to get on stock everything with Cobb dp and fms cbe? I do have a tune waiting at cryo. . . .

My dilemma. I like both the vf52 and Evo 16g.

I want one that's not gonna give out on me with in 17k. I want a reliable turbo that will last me 5+ years? Is too much to ask for? I already contact Bryan, waiting on a reply. But I'm still open to vf52 ideas.

Archived