LegacyGT.com

Driving music

i dont listen to any one specific style of music, so one day you may see me cruising across town listening to metallica, other days it could be some good skapunk or thrash, then others some hip-hop. lately its been a bunch of cover tunes by me first and the gimme-gimmes and gogol bordello for the most part, but thats mainly because thats what i have loaded on my phone. the me first & gimme gimmes are all pretty upbeat, happy tunes. the gogol bordello moves around, some are fast paced punkish songs, some are slow, chillin tunes.

I actually bought one of those old cassette tapes with the audio line so I could plug in my Zune. I don't know if I want to spend the time and money putting in a legitimate radio with an audio jack, seeing as this thing was 8 bucks. Gogol is pretty good, but I'm not a big fan of Me First.. too upbeat for me. I've been known to blast some Led Zeppelin, especially back in high school when I drove a 78 Charger - just had good vibes with that combination.

One of my favorite things to do is driving some random back-roads, blasting good music and smoking. I haven't been able to do that in almost two years, because of a broken Mazda and two deployments. SOON.

i have no radio and it blows

My car came with the cleanest radio install I've ever seen done aftermarket. Came with a 10 inch sub, an amp that was installed so cleanly that I had to pull carpet up to find it, and then the best head unit I've ever seen to top it off. It's one of the ones where the faceplate is hidden while the car is off and it rotates out when it's on.

Wicked Cool.

Twisty: what brand of cassette adapter do you use? I'm not even sure if mine works. I have no tapes anymore!

it was a memorex from walmart, i bought it for 5 bucks off a kid my daughter knows. i think he told me he paid 16 for it.

i still had old cassettes laying around from long ago, so for a while all i had to listen to was metallica ride the lightning, black sabbath sabbath bloody sabbath and jesus jones.

That's what I was talking about. I bought a Monster Cable brand off Amazon. It looks a lot less flimsy than the normal 3 dollar ones I used to get at Wal Mart. It's got about a 6g cable coming off it, and you can change the position of the cable for decks with different tape orientation.

It varies quite a bit. Right now I have loaded (stock sti 6 disc) Perpetual Groove, D4L, RATM X2, I think Sublime and I don't know what else. A lot of the time I'll have my phone plugged in and listen to Pandora, basically anything except country and the shitty music teenage girls like, sometimes comedy and somtimes solo piano, opera, or symphonic. Been trying to culture myself a little more lol.

i was thinking you guys were talking about the cassete to headphone adapter.. i use that to play music through the oem cassette deck :cool:

yup, stock cassette in my ride too. sucks when im down in nogales, theres only two stations that play non-messican music, and they are both from tucson about 70 miles away. they fade in and out, depending on where i am.

Texas Instruments? I don't think that's actually a band - the "instruments" they mention are meant as mathematics/scientific tools. ;)

If it wasn't so dangerous/illegal, a beer would fit in perfect with the backroad trips. I should have bought more Cuban's while I was out, would have made a nice road trip smoke.

Archived