LegacyGT.com

Increased engine vibration and idle issue

I am experiencing a combined issue : 1. A higher level of engine vibration that I can feel through the shift lever and the steering wheel and even in the seats. 2. I also am having an occasional issue where it almost stalls when it is at idle.

3. I also notice a screech when starting it in very cold ( below 15 degrees) cold weather. I don't know if they could be combined or if I am looking at a variety of problems. Any input would be appreciated :)

High level of vibration more likely miss-fires, low enough not to set off a CEL, but can feel through the drive train. I have the same problem on mine- you have any way to monitor your ECU (Cobb AP or open source w/ Tactrix)? Start monitoring for cylinder roughness, and can be caused by fueling, air leak (upper intake manifold gaskets are notorious), fouled injector, plugs, or coil pack.

The screech- does it only do it for a second or two on cold start? Time to grease up your starter shaft...if happening more often than just on cold start, might be related to throw-out bearing if you are MT.

AF_3C2...what is Cobb AP or Tactrix?? I have a laptop is there a way to hook it up to get the readings you are talking about??? I just had the clutch replaced back in July, it took them 6 weeks to finally get it adjusted to work correctly...wouldn't they have replaced the throw out bearing when the replaced the clutch?? It is only happening in the cold however, at least it is a lot more noticeable in the cold. Where is the starter shaft?? I hae replaced a lot of starter motors over the years but never greased the shaft, so this would be new to me...

Archived