LegacyGT.com

returning SPT intake

Just received the SPT intake yesterday, was looking forward to installation today but after reading the overwhelmingly negative feedback on this product I've decided to return it. Difficult to understand why Subaru would manufacture and promote such an unhealthy product performance upgrade.

I know that this "SPT" topic has been exhausted but if anyone genuinely supports the SPT intake as being a truly positive product any feedback would be appreciated before tomorrows trip to UPS.

• I liked it......until my wife got in the car:lol:.
  • It looks great installed (see my Vgarage), but does nothing for actual performance. Not like you might expect anyway.
  • Just face the fact that our cars dont need intakes unless you get a tune.
  • Take the money and get the SPT oil cap and battery hold down and maybe even the licence plate braket. They will probaly will do more for performance then the intake

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

WRX and LGT SPT intakes (too many 3 letter acronyms there...) are built differently.

One major flaw Cobb reported on is that the LGT intake has the MAF (ugg, another one) sensor located in the bend, causing turbulence. However the WRX MAF sensor is located in a straight portion of pipe, immediately after the filter.

WRX on top, LGT on bottom:

http://assets.cobaltnitra.com/teams/repository/export/1f5/b591875b810048fa30003ba77f966/1f5b591875b810048fa30003ba77f966_225x0.jpg

Archived