LegacyGT.com

Top 15 Cars For Teenagers

SLegacy99

I'm a teenager. I have a 07 Legacy. Do I think I deserve it? No way! but I'm certainly not going to say "No mom and dad please don't buy me a brand new car, please buy the crappy used one!" It's not teenagers fault they have parents that can afford to and then buy them new cars is it?

agreed, i'm only 22 years old, but i'm building my career and paying for my car and insurance in my name (obviously no help from the rents).. anyway.. there are stubborn parents out there that don't want their kids driving used cars...

I'm a teenager. I have a 07 Legacy. Do I think I deserve it? No way! but I'm certainly not going to say "No mom and dad please don't buy me a brand new car, please buy the crappy used one!" It's not teenagers fault they have parents that can afford to and then buy them new cars is it?

If a parent has plenty of money and wants to buy their kid a new car, that's their perogative. I think many teenagers won't appreciate it but at least some will and will treat the car well.

At least a 2.5i Legacy is a good choice for a teenager. Slow and safe.:icon_bigg

Well, I'm a teenager and I hate how we get crap for owning a decent car. At least I'm not another tool in a 325, or a prick in an STI cutting off cars, trying get someone to race him. At least I have taste. :)

That said, I still don't deserve my car. But I did well throughout high school, I am going to college and then probably grad school. My car was an unnecessary incentive from my parents to keep up my responsibilities. Screw up, and its gone. I don't consider myself spoiled at all, I worked for it. Plus, being a car fanatic all my life but never having an opportunity to be around them, my parents thought buying me the car I wanted would make up for some of that.

So its messed up when someone generalizes about teenagers and how they are incapable of handling car ownership and operation.

i love how spoiled teenagers don't appreciate anything

how does that I don't appreciate my car? I love my car and take well of it probally too much. Just because my parents will allow me to trade it for a car I see as nicer doesn't mean I don't appreciate my current car. My dad trades cars like he does underwear (lol not literaly), it's just something we like to do as a hobby. Over the last year I personally have gone through 3 cars. I appreciated, loved, and cared for them ALL. Stop generalizing, because you know that if you could be given the cars you want, you would take the oppurtunity.

mom didnt like the idea of a turbo, but now I've convinced her I'm not going to go kill myself just because it's turbo'd, you just have tp drive responsible. the 08 will be the GT though! much more fun to be had with more options on modding.

It's not teenagers fault they have parents that can afford to and then buy them new cars is it?

No, but some things you to work for on your own. Like deffred said, you will apreciate it more. My parents have alot of money and both have new cars and 2 houses, but that doesnt mean that I get a brand new auto. I got something safe, fuel efficient, all weather, and with a decent power output. Its not just cars either. I am fortunate that my parents pay for the majority of my tuition. But, things like my rent, books, gas, etc. is all on me. Graduate school is on me, which (not that I need to be) motivates me to do well in hopes of getting in somewhere good and/or getting financial assistance.

My roomate gets everything handed to him from his parents, who are now struggling financially. We're both sophomores, but he hasnt gotten the idea of being a real student since he's coddled his whole life. Yet he has the nerve to be mad at me for making Dean's list each semester.

End rant.

I got a 68 mustang convertable for my graduation from HS. I didnt want to drive it for the winter so I bought my second car in my first year of college. Why are so many people downer heads for people that are successfull? I worked my ass off saving money from any job I could get.

Of course if you sleep with the Female manager work is so much better!

I got a 68 mustang convertable for my graduation from HS. I didnt want to drive it for the winter so I bought my second car in my first year of college. Why are so many people downer heads for people that are successfull? I worked my ass off saving money from any job I could get.

Of course if you sleep with the Female manager work is so much better!

You missed the point. He didnt work for the car he was given one. And now he's raving about how he's already being given the next model year.

well at one point I did work and make money, but then I went to my doctor for chest-pains I'd had for a year and found out I had a tumor the size of a large grapefruit in my rib cage sitting on my spinal cord that was messing with my nerves, so I had to quit work and can't work anymore for along time because they cut a 13 inch insicion in my side so I can't lift things anymore, and I have a 2nd surgery monday....I only madeabout $500 working at Jason's Deli, but before that I worked at my familys Jewerly store running errands and tagging inventory....so I have worked, it's just not an option right now

my parents bought me the Subaru a couple weeks after surgery

well I have "a job" but I dont get paid for it, I teach 7th grade boys suday school at my church

....I'm just telling this for you guyswho think all teenagers are lazy who don't work, you don't everyones situation, yeah mine be pretty bad compared to alot but you never what someones been through....

...and I'm trading it for the 08 when it comes out! IN YOUR FACE! haha

thanks for reinforcing our beliefs about snotty teenagers, anyways what you as an individual do, doesn't really matter to the thread, its about teenagers in general, you do NOT represent teenagers in general, you are just one of many, so what you do and experience cannot apply to the majority.

its the same idea, don't judge an entire race/people on the actions of one individual: good or bad, so likewise, because you do humanitarian/charity work and support a family of ten by yourself and work 3 jobs....it is not right to apply your experiences to the majority of teens....as a whole they are still irresponsible kids whom for the most part do not deserve new cars esp as their first ride.

As a parent, I would want my child to drive a slow and safe car. Something affordable would be nice too. We all know that high school kids have a very high probability of getting into an accident.

My coworker just bought a 2007 Outback 2.5i for $20,000. It's slow and fairly sturdy. If you search nasioc or even this forum, there are plenty of pictures of this or the legacy in fairly serious accidents. There are even pictures of this vehicle overturned. In all cases, it appears that the occupants were well protected.

Kids do need to have a sense of ownership so that they appreciate their possessions. I think this could be achieved by having the child pay for part of the vehicle.

In my case, I would give them the option to use their gift money from their birth as the down payment or not have a car and use the money for something else (trip to Europe, etc...). They would then have to make the monthly payments. The money would automatically become theirs when they turn 18 anyway.

Usually, when I give my son choices, he seems to appreciate the final outcome more.

I've noticed that several of my coworkers have purchased slightly used Legacy 2.5i sedans for their kids. This seems like a good choice to me. Really not that much more expensive than ricer hatchbacks but much safer in my opinion.

Archived