LegacyGT.com

Maximum camber

drndrn

Hey guys,

Got an alignment done today as well as having the whiteline rear camber kit installed, requested -2.0 at fronts and -1.5 at rear. Which is within the limits of what I've seen here on the legacy forums and the Australian liberty forums.

When I later came back to pick up my car, I was told maximum camber they were able to dial in was -1.4 at front and -1.3 in the rear. I questioned whether or not he had adjusted using the stock bolts as well as the camber plate and he insisted thats all he could get.

Does this sound right? Something wrong with my car? Something wrong with the alignment?

I forgot to add that I'm running BC BR coilovers, with the WL camber kit in the rear.

Any help would be appreciated

Darren.

I have the BC coilovers and got around -3' or more neg camber in the front with the camber plates canted all the way in. I think it was too much so I dialed it back to around -1.5' which feels pretty good. What I thought from reading other threads is that -1.5' should be achievable with just the stock camber bolts. It sounds like your alignment guy must have missed something.

You can take a look at the stock front camber bolts and see if he has them pointed wrong. Look at the washer to see what way it is pointed. Take a look here:

http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6365

AFAIK ours do NOT have that tab correct?

After I put on my coils, I was getting positive camber with the camber plate set at 0, I had to do some adjustment to the bolt, but still couldnt get it 100%

What I do now is to just push the strut back as I twist the bolt, am I doing this wrong?

edit: PhilT corrected me :) I run aftermarket bolts along with the stockers

Our stock bolts do not have a tab, but they have a calibration mark to indicate the bolt's position. As you rotate the bolt, the lobe rotates and will adjust the camber angle of the strut. It's hard to see without a precise measuring tool.

The preferred method is to first set your camber plate at 0. Next, max out your camber bolt to get as much negative camber as possible.. with stock bolts it might be -1 depending on your suspension set up. Finally, adjust the upper camber plates to dial in the final desired setting. With the camber bolts and plates set properly, you should be able to get close to -3 degrees or more

Our bolts have a tab on the washer to indicate the bolt's position. As you rotate the bolt, the lobe rotates and will adjust the camber angle of the strut. It's hard to see without a precise measuring tool.

The OEM camber bolts do not have that tab, but they do have calibration marks on them.

• 5 weeks later...
I have the BC coilovers and got around -3' or more neg camber in the front with the camber plates canted all the way in. I think it was too much so I dialed it back to around -1.5' which feels pretty good. What I thought from reading other threads is that -1.5' should be achievable with just the stock camber bolts. It sounds like your alignment guy must have missed something.

Sorry, hadn't been on for a while.

Anyways an update. I went back to the place, had them redo it at no charge to me. Came back with a little bit more.. F-2.0 R-1.5 which wasn't bad. Still would have liked more though. They claim thats the maximum they can get with camber plates canted all the way.. So next time I might try a new place.

Hey guys,

Got an alignment done today as well as having the whiteline rear camber kit installed, requested -2.0 at fronts and -1.5 at rear. Which is within the limits of what I've seen here on the legacy forums and the Australian liberty forums.

Sorry, hadn't been on for a while.

Anyways an update. I went back to the place, had them redo it at no charge to me. Came back with a little bit more.. F-2.0 R-1.5 which wasn't bad. Still would have liked more though. They claim thats the maximum they can get with camber plates canted all the way.. So next time I might try a new place.

Seems like they managed exactly what you wanted, whats the problem?

Archived