LegacyGT.com

Is it pointless to get a Legacy if I cant afford the GT

Because it seems that everyone here has the GT. Is the 2.5i just not good enough. Im also looking at a 07' Altima, used 00-03 Acura CL and 07 Saab 9-3, but I test drove one and I think Ive fallen in love with the car. Its looks, its overall feeling. Within acouple days, id like to cut 2 cars out, and as of right now its probably gonna be the Altima(everyone has one{I like to be different}, and its just boring) and the Saab, its not really a teenagers(20 in May!) car. It may seem like a no brainer to go for the Acura CL, but I wanna give the Subaru a chance. I see so much more potential for the Legacy, even the 2.5i, for ugrading. Let me know what I should do, or consider. I would get the GT, but coming off an accident almost 2 weeks ago, my dad wont let me get a car thats "turboed" and im on a tight budget.

the legacy 2.5i has enough power to survive on its own and makes a great commuter car.

if its a lot of power or moddability that you seek, might i recommend an older 2.5rs or even just a wrx.... this is of course assuming pops wont let you grab the gt.

but imho... the 2.5i serves its purpose well.

and dont forget.. the 2.5i runs on 87 octane gas... doesn't require 91.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

I don't have a Legacy either.

My current reasoning is either get a GT or no new car at all.

Money is also an issue for my parents. I have been on this site since it first started and I still don't have the car. I am graduating college this June, so I know that will temporarily free up some funds ('til I get into dental school--where I will then get raped w/ $65k-$80k+/yr loans)

-ben

imho, for the 2.5i, there are other cars out there that you get more for you moneys worth, esp with your (lack of) weather conditions. depending on where you live, the AWD might be worth the extra you pay

for the GT, there are few, if any, cars out there that you can get more for your moneys worth

however, if safety and reliability are your number one, then any subaru would be your best bet. and you could also always find a used 05 LGT and it should be somewhere around the price of a new 2.5i

I had one as a loaner twice and am real impressed. Real peppy around town. AWD and handled pretty good. Plus in sport mode is fun to drive. For the money, I think an excellent car. Plus reliability in Subaru's are superb. I so go sub.

I traded in a turbo car for my 2.5i and at first I was regretting not getting a GT but I am not anymore. We had a backroads meet last weekend and it was myself, another 2.5i, and a bunch of GT's, everyone of them were surprised by my car. They said it wasn't so bad for a N/A and that I kept up very well. At one point in time I was leading the pack on backroads and I had TyTek with his GT wagon behind me, granted he only had his base map b.c of a boost issue but he said "I was expecting to push you off the road, but I actually couldnt keep up" This wasn't b.c it was fast ,but b.c I know how to drive and the car took everything I gave it. It made me feel esp good about buying a 2.5i when I got all the compliments that I did. Overall, it might not be fast, but you can make it enjoyable, I have.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

i've got an NA leggy. love the car; didn't want the added costs of a gt....

higher payment, less mpg while useing premium octane, not to mention the

speeding tickets that seem to be inherent to the LGT:icon_bigg

the reggy leggy is an awesome car, and it's by no means gutless, it just ain't a speed demon......

good luck in either purchase:icon_wink

I would get the GT, but coming off an accident almost 2 weeks ago, my dad wont let me get a car thats "turboed" and im on a tight budget.

Easy, find a used '05 GT. Swap hoods with a 2.5i owner and get a FMIC. Now your dad is none the wiser and you get a fast car!

No really, I've never driven a 2.5i but the comments people are giving in this thread surprise me. I'm a boost junkie so I don't think I could be happy with any N/A engine (ok, maybe the 500hp m5 v10 but that's pushing it! :)).

Any how, drive them all. Just remember, Altimas are for suckers, Saabs are for stuck up upper middle class schmoes, and Acuras are just rebadged Hondas (everyone has one!). Oh yeah, and they don't have AWD!

If this is going to be a free car (i.e. Dad pays for it) then just feel fortunate you have any choice.

I remember for me it was GT or walk; (then I drove it and that settled everything -- I would have given the salesman my shoes) so the fact that you can even consider a 2.5i while shopping makes me doubt you'd regret buying one. Don't decide before you walk in, though; drive a few cars, get the one you like the best ;)

If this were two years ago when the GM employee discount was going on I'd tell you to get a Saab 9-2x (Saabaru!). People were getting unbelievable deals, something like almost 10k off in some cases, for a WRX with a better suspension, interior, wheels, etc. In any case that is long gone.

Get one so you can be cool, like us!

it's not pointless but if $$ is the only issue why not look for a used GT? They can be had for under $20k
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

it's not pointless but if $$ is the only issue why not look for a used GT? They can be had for under $20k

+1

You can get a nice used LGT for under 20K easy. It will prolly have low miles and you have modding potential up the yin yang. I bet you would be VERY happy with it.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

You can get a nice used LGT for under 20K easy. It will prolly have low miles and you have modding potential up the yin yang. I bet you would be VERY happy with it.

Read the OP....he said he's not allowed to get a car w/ a turbo.

Archived