LegacyGT.com

2013 Legacy HK low sound

Naitron

I got the Harman Kardon sound system in my Legacy and I have to literally set the fader to the rear about 70% to get a center sound feel. When balanced the back speakers sound really weak. I do not like using the fader because it sounds like all it does it just muffles the front speakers down to the level of the rears. When I sat in the back to listen to the rear speakers they sounded incredibly weak. Is this just the design of the HK system in the Legacy? I feel like I paid for the premium audio and I'm just getting half of it. I do plan on going back to the dealership and listening to the other Legacys with the HK audio. Please let me know if you guys have any feedback. Thanks!

I got the Harman Kardon sound system in my Legacy and I have to literally set the fader to the rear about 70% to get a center sound feel. When balanced the back speakers sound really weak. I do not like using the fader because it sounds like all it does it just muffles the front speakers down to the level of the rears. When I sat in the back to listen to the rear speakers they sounded incredibly weak. Is this just the design of the HK system in the Legacy? I feel like I paid for the premium audio and I'm just getting half of it. I do plan on going back to the dealership and listening to the other Legacys with the HK audio. Please let me know if you guys have any feedback. Thanks!

The premium HK system is notoriously awful. However, the subwoofer fades with the front speakers, so when you fade to the rear that will weaken your low end. Also, the rears are coaxial, not component like the fronts, so that will also narrow your sound stage. Besides, I would think you'd want your sound stage more up front. I have my aftermarket set up at about 65% front/35% rear.

I went to the dealership to find out more about the PAHK system and all of cars with it sounded the same. That's why I replaced everything except the headunit. In reality, there are only two choices with the Limited, premium or navigation, so I'm glad I chose the cheaper of the two.

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. Yea for premium speakers they are not that great. My 99 accord ex has just as good sound quality even with just 6 speakers. Well I guess it'll be easier to hear my backseat passengers haha. My accord was loud I had to turn it down a lot

Archived