LegacyGT.com

Three Logs W/ FKLC @4K

CrowNaza86

I had noticed the other day that the car was showing a lot of FKLC. I had done a log, but somehow it was deleted. I pulled a quick three logs on the way home from work today and only saw a small instance of FBKC, but a consistent FKLC at around 4k. DAM never changed from 1.

Reading up on it, as long as FBKC is at zero and DAM at 1, I have nothing to worry about...I think. Only mod engine wise is a stage 1 Cobb AP tune and AEM dry filter. Engine has a bit over 70k on it. Can anyone discern anything from the logs?

PSA- I had started the log at ~2.5k yet the excel starts at roughly ~3.5k in most of the logs. I was also not able two go to redline (6.5k). I am going to try and pull a legitimate log (2.5k to 6.5k), but figured I would post these up first.

datalog1.csv

datalog2.csv

datalog3.csv

:yeahthat:

When doing datalogging, make sure you wait a sec or so for the AP to indicate that it is indeed logging, before matting the pedal. My old AP2 would take like 1.5-2 sec to actually start logging after I hit the button.

".. Reading up on it, as long as FBKC is at zero and DAM at 1, I have nothing to worry about...I think... "

^ No, you need to also consider FLKC. FBKC if present should be small and only intermittent/rare and FLKC shouldn't show much in the way of learned corrections. I believe Cobb and many others feel that small corrections like single count -1.4 deg or less FLKC should not be cause for much concern unless it persists rather than learns itself out over time. I personally don't like to see -any- FLKC at all, and as long as FBKC only appears very intermittently, I'm cool.

Your datalog2 does -not- show a 'small instance' of FBKC. It shows a -3.85 deg timing pull in response to noise heard from the knock sensor. That implies that at some point before 3470 RPM (start of your log), the ECU heard noise and pulled timing more than once before things quieted down and the ECU decayed the FBKC back to 0.

Of similar concern is that there's a -3.5 deg FLKC correction in the 5213+ rpm range. That implies that at some point in the ~2.5 g/rev load and 5200+ rpm range, the ECU pulled timing more than once in response to noise. Your log shows the ECU starting to decay the -3.5 deg FLKC at 5395 rpm (retard increment is probably +0.35 deg hence the -3.15 deg FLKC at the end of your log), but the fact that it pulled that much timing as a learned correction is a concern.

What are your AF Learning 1A, B, C, D?

Thanks for the reply.

That's strange since I had waited about 2secs before going WOT. I'll wait a bit more next time before beginning.

I understand FKLC & FBKC are methods the ECU uses to correct knock and that very small amounts to none are what the goal is. I was just going off the stickied knock thread. I guess that wasn't a small instance, so that's my mistake on verbage.

I did not look into those, but will do a log with all four the next chance I get and post here.

your 2.2-6.3K log shows double count FLKC way @ the top of the rev range. the 2-6K log shows some FLKC that appears to decay to -0.35 deg correction after 5800 rpm and then returns to -1.4 shortly afterwards, but that might just be b/c you're going through different load/rpm cells in the FLKC table. either way, i personally would prefer to see nothing in FLKC, or very intermittent single count -1.4 deg corrections that learn themselves out and don't reappear shortly afterwards.

don't forget to grab a quick log, fully warmed up @ idle, that includes AF Learning 1A, B, C, D.

serx7 thanks, I'll be grabbing a log of A-D when I return from vacation.

In regards to the FLKC, should I begin looking into anything particular? Compression test, etc? Trying to learn what I can from this, with what little time I have, so I'm more knowledgeable in the future. I'm guessing an A/F log will help narrow things down a bit and point towards the car running lean/rich/etc?

• 3 weeks later...

On the way to work last night and return trip home this morning, I was picking up FBKC @ -7. This was cruising @ 65-70. The trip to work I also picked up FKLC @ -1.4, but on trip home it was 0 entire way. I wasn't going to worry about it, but it kept popping up multiple times throughout the drive...so now I'm worried about it.

I'm going to look into have a compression/smoke test done soon to see if that will yield any results.

Get the test done and make sure everything is tied down. Heat shields clean your maf as well just to make sure. What mods do have on your car?

Heatshield is on tight and I cleaned the MAF this past weekend. I'll hopefully knock out the test this weekend.

Cobb OTS tune, turbo blanket and axleback exhaust are the only mods I think could be affecting it.

Archived