LegacyGT.com

Looking at 05 to 07 Legacy GT - newb questions

sadd16

Hi everyone,

First off, I'd like to mention that I'm currently a subaru owner. I've had a 02 Impreza wrx for the last 9 years and loved it. I was into the modding scene and had it tastefully modded it with 292whp and 301lb tq. I was recently T-Boned and insurance decided to write it off.

I'm now 9 years older than when I first bought the car and my criteria has changed a bit. I really like the 05 to 08 Legacy GT. I still love the Subaru's AWD, boxer engine, and turbo. These Legacys are a bit more refined which is what I'd like.

I tried searching, but couldn't find the differences between 05, 06, 07, 08 Legacy GT. I was hoping someone here can list or show me where I can find the differences between each year. I'm only interested in the Legacy GT or GT Limited.

Start by reading this thread which lists the differences between 05 and 06: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/answers-2005-vs-2006-legacy-gt-differences-22636.html

Also note that engine management and other differences were made between the 05-06 vs 07-09 LGTs. One of them is the lack of catalytic converter in the uppipe of the 06+. It's purpose was replaced by an air pump. The result is that you no longer need to remove the uppipe to protect your turbo from receiving broken cat parts (from the heat).

Also read on cars101.com, there is a pretty good list of differences between model years and models.

Archived