LegacyGT.com

About to pull trigger on Legacy..some opinions

Looking to get this 07 Legacy near me with 93K miles for 10.5K. It's the 4cyl and i don't mind. 1 owner. Trans fluid, diff fluid ect were just changed 2 months ago. Interior is in showroom condition as well as the outside. Sounded and ran fine.

No issues shifting ect. On;y issue was a little wheel and seat vibration. Would change with different speeds. Almost like a slight grind.shimmy. Rear tires look new..fronts have heel/toe wear causing it to be choppy..plus they are uniroyal tiger paw touring..aka crap tires..so i am chalking it up to the tires with the slight vibs...and i right in thinking that?

Bringing it to my mechanic tomorrow to have him go over it..anything i should have him check in particular?

Thanks

• Moderators

head gasket? timing belt is not too far away (105k miles)...

trans and diff fluid just changed--well, that's nice, but it's really only a 30 minute job. were the every changed BEFORE? how about oil changes? Do you have documentation of ANY other maintenance done to the car?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

head gasket? timing belt is not too far away (105k miles)...

trans and diff fluid just changed--well, that's nice, but it's really only a 30 minute job. were the every changed BEFORE? how about oil changes? Do you have documentation of ANY other maintenance done to the car?

Yes, Carfax shows trans fluid changed at 30K as well as diff fluid at 30 K...shows about 7 other "recommended maintenance performed. Oil looks to be changed every 3-4K. You can tell the person took good care of it.

So check bearings, gasket..anything else?

I know timing belt needs to be done at 105K. Honestly, i may dump those tires that are on there now...they blow. Taking corners with them suck as well as those vibs i felt

Archived