LegacyGT.com

Things to do in Dallas

Mark34

Hey guys, I'm going to be in Dallas for a week on a work trip and am looking for some recommendations on places I should try while I'm there.

And what's the public transportation like? I wanted to get from Dallas out to Arlington to go to a Rangers game. Thanks.

Public Transportion = a rental car. :lol: Taking in a game would be good, also give you a chance to see the new Cowboys stadium since it is right nect to the ballpark. Not sure of any events going on during your stay. Where will you be staying (Hotel/City)

Hey guys, I'm going to be in Dallas for a week on a work trip and am looking for some recommendations on places I should try while I'm there.

And what's the public transportation like? I wanted to get from Dallas out to Arlington to go to a Rangers game. Thanks.

First, you gotta check the new Dallas Cowboys stadium out (it doesn't matter who your NFL team is either). That shit is insane. As for nightlife, I was just down there about a week ago. I went to the Ghostbar at the W Hotel downtown. Its pretty nice (20 dollar cover, but you get what you pay for)

My gf and I tried to go to a Rangers game but a monsoon occurred and postponed the game. There is also six flags if your into that sort of thing. Prepare for some hot ass weather though, its not only hot as hell, but also very humid.

As for transportation, you can try to cab it, but your gonna pay a pretty penny for that as well.

Public Transportion = a rental car. :lol: Taking in a game would be good, also give you a chance to see the new Cowboys stadium since it is right nect to the ballpark. Not sure of any events going on during your stay. Where will you be staying (Hotel/City)

lol, I didn't read this reply before I just replied.

The Westin City Center in Dallas. It was recommended from the office (close to work since they don't want to pay for a rental car :( ). I was worried about the public transport. It looked like there was a train that went from Dallas to Ft Worth but I didn't see any stops in Arlington.

The Westin City Center in Dallas. It was recommended from the office (close to work since they don't want to pay for a rental car :( ). I was worried about the public transport. It looked like there was a train that went from Dallas to Ft Worth but I didn't see any stops in Arlington.

Yes, Arlington has stated they do not believe in public transportation because it invites to poor (maybe not extactly but that is thier intent)

Dallas has decent Public Transporation (nothing like Chicago, New York or Toronto) as long as your hotel is close to one of the Dart Rail stops.

• 1 month later...
Good lord no. Last time I went to a Rangers game in this sun and heat I almost died. I recommend getting over to Ft Worth, maybe hit Billy Bob's or go to the Lonesome Dove Bistro. If you got a rental car maybe you should make the trip north tomorrow to Frisco for the standing Subaru meet awdtuning attends.

Archived