LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

Has anyone seen these in person? I know they are new to the market. Can't find pictures anywhere. Enkei YS5

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/e15/10945214_1543864665888989_478681024_n.jpg

Has anyone seen these in person? I know they are new to the market. Can't find pictures anywhere. Enkei YS5

I am trying to find out the weight and offset on these. Tire rack doesn't have the full specs listed yet.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Enkei Tenjin 17x9 +45

Lowered on Koni / Htechs

Need to roll the rear fenders.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/09/ec364b3842a5b8aaf17e6470330aeef0.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/09/a8545e684c0123820d76427ccf56e588.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/09/f42f2536e1d465312b35dc12cc5f4b43.jpg

Edited by famaya26

looks like you are not running much camber up front and in the rear...

um...ya...that's why I said I need more camber :lol: , Nah but seriously I haven't had an alignment in about a year. so I need that done to see if I can get some camber in the front I'm not worried about the rear at all, It might not look like it, but its about -1.5 of camber in the rear, and she clears just fine on big bumps... the front is what I'm worried about if I hit a bump during a turn. HOWEVER I still have my stock wheels, and I'll be using those for long trips and daily driving. the new wheels will mainly be for shows or events

Edited by rchayes21

Right. And I'm hoping you're right Drift.... However with a 18x9.5 +40 fitment without camber plates already installed, I'm very tight on that space of wheel-to-coilover. Like VERY tight. So I need to get that 4 wheel alignment and see what can be done about a couple degrees of camber up front. Even just a tiny bit of camber would help in the mean time before I find a better solution

So, a wagon running Koni Yellows with Swift Wagon springs, which I believe is a mild 1.2 inch or so drop.

would I have to roll my fenders to fit a 18x8" +45 with a 235/40 -18 tire? What about 225/40 - 18?

The only reason is I have rot starting to form on my rear dogleg, and I know if I roll my rear quarter it's going to crack like hell. I would be fine to roll the fronts, but I seem to have difficulty figuring if this would fit or not. :spin:

• 3 weeks later...
So, a wagon running Koni Yellows with Swift Wagon springs, which I believe is a mild 1.2 inch or so drop.

would I have to roll my fenders to fit a 18x8" +45 with a 235/40 -18 tire? What about 225/40 - 18?

The only reason is I have rot starting to form on my rear dogleg, and I know if I roll my rear quarter it's going to crack like hell. I would be fine to roll the fronts, but I seem to have difficulty figuring if this would fit or not. :spin:

It's a tricky fit with +45 and 235/40x18s on a wagon. What sized wheel? If anything over a 8" wide wheel, you'll definitely have rear rub issues with a 235/40 rear for sure, likely for the front on hard turns under compression as well.

You'll definitely need rear camber, unless you're just planning to run the negative camber the swifts give you, which I don't recommend Stock provides you no rear camber adjustability, so you'll need rear adjustable lower arms minimum, or the WL rear camber/toe arm kit. Don't like the WL rear camber bushing as it's too hard to keep it where it's adjusted. Plan on losing your fender edge liner in the rear to clearance your tires..

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Would some xxr 527 18x8.75 +20 fit? 225/40r18 05 lgt. Fenders rolled.

Possibly, but that's hella stretch on the tires. And your wheel bearings aren't going to like it at all, and not for very long. With that much offset, it's putting static and dynamic loads on the bearings that it wasn't designed to handle. ET needs to be something closer to +45 to +40 and 8-8.5" width. That extra 3/4" of ET moves the hub that much further in, and your wheel rim that much further out. That creates a lot more leverage on the hub bearings.

I got a set of new rims 18x8 +40 offset for my 05LGT to switch from oem 17x7. Was looking to switch springs from stock to h.tein ones but it dosent look like its going to fit with another 0.75" drop. So what are my chances that 225/40-18 on 18x8 +40 rims will rub on. Should i stay with stock suspension springs and kyb or will i be ok to run h-tein springs.

^ That. I ran an 18x8 +45 with 225/40s on Tein H-techs and had to roll the rear fenders because it rubbed on the bigger bumps. That was also with S.Drives which run a little wider.
It's cool; I'm with the band

225/40 on 18x8 +46 Volk GT-Vs ran perfectly on the wagon on Wagon Sport Swifts and Bilstein HDs. 235/40 on 18x8.5 +45 Advan RGIIs, not so much

• 2 weeks later...