LegacyGT.com

Which gas for I limited?

I just got Legacy i limited with VDC and I was wondering which gas im suppose to put in. Unleaded, mid-grade or premium. Sales person said I can put mid-grade. Ive always put premium (Shell V-Power) on all my car even though it wasnt required. V-power is suppose to help with less build up of carbon intake valve and fuel injector. Im not sure if it did give me better performace or gas mileage but I just put premium b/c there isnt much price difference for me. Ive heard putting premium on some cars that doesnt require premium gas hurts the car. Is that true for Legacy I limited?

If putting premium gas doesnt hurt my car or performace I'd rather put premium gas in. What do you guys think? I also always use Shell V-Power if that makes any difference. I dont use any other gas company.

What does the manual say?

On a 2.5i, i think its 87.

Use 87.

Seriously, on a car not designed for a higher octane, using a higher octane does jack diddly. It is throwing away money. It is in no way better for your car.

how can someone purchase a flippin car without knowing what gas to put in it. no offense to the OP, but this the umpteenth thread about fuel usage.

if you can't do a little research, then don't buy the car. did you read the effing manual?? that's why they're included, not just because SOA had a massive surplus of books lying around that nobody's gonna read and decided to stick one in the car, but to actually provide information concering the operation and care of the 2nd largest purchase a person will make; their house being the first....

we got noobs phuckin' running amok around here, my key fob don't work, my seat belt beeps, my parking lights stay on all the time, do i really need premium fuel, how cans i makes ma car fast3r etc etc etc

so here it is:rtfm:. take some time to actually get to know your vehicle. not only so you'll be able to enjoy it to it's fullest extent, but to also minimize the retardation factor when making new threads.....

----<<<< rant over >>>>-----

welcome to the boards and have a great new year!!

how can someone purchase a flippin car without knowing what gas to put in it. no offense to the OP, but this the umpteenth thread about fuel usage.

if you can't do a little research, then don't buy the car. did you read the effing manual?? that's why they're included, not just because SOA had a massive surplus of books lying around that nobody's gonna read and decided to stick one in the car, but to actually provide information concering the operation and care of the 2nd largest purchase a person will make; their house being the first....

we got noobs phuckin' running amok around here, my key fob don't work, my seat belt beeps, my parking lights stay on all the time, do i really need premium fuel, how cans i makes ma car fast3r etc etc etc

so here it is:rtfm:. take some time to actually get to know your vehicle. not only so you'll be able to enjoy it to it's fullest extent, but to also minimize the retardation factor when making new threads.....

----<<<< rant over >>>>-----

welcome to the boards and have a great new year!!

Well said:spin:

Yup that pretty much sums it up. :lol:

Archived