LegacyGT.com

Two problems:

1. Anyone have any issues with their temp guage? I'll describe. My temperature guage used to go up half way. Now only makes its 1/6 of the way. I've never had a problem like this before so I can't determine if its a faulty thermostat or if the guage is crapping out. It was varying for a little while where it would go up sometimes and other times it wouldn't. Now, just 1/6 of the way all the time.

2. The big one.

So I installed JDM foglights two years ago if you don't remember. A few months ago I was driving at night and the driver's side fog light started flickering on and off. Eventually it quit entirely So I figured that since I had to retrofit this harness by splicing it to the JDM harness from the lights into the USDM harness connected to the car, that one of the solders was coming undone.

I get under there today and the solder looked a little gray on the grounding wires. I flaked it off and twisted the wire back together. Tested the lights. No change. So I undid the other connection and re-twisted it back together. No change. I then got out my wire testers and tried that. Nothing. So I'm assuming that these lights don't work because they aren't get power.

Thought process:

Fuse: located in internal fuse box. Only one fuse, not blown, and the other light does work afterall.

Grounding wire: try grounding the light to a part of the car. No change.

Light bulbs: (remember this is JDM, so there are two) it flickered on and off when I initially began having problems so thats not a light bulb burning out. The probability of both bulbs burning out at the same time is also very slim. I checked the one. It was fine.

I am out of ideas here. Does anyone know something that I don't know?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Figured one out. The USDM harness went bad. Thanks SIA. It does not make a tight connection anymore, so I guess I will cut it out and hardwire it. Of course I discovered this after I cut off wiring casing, removed my headlights, grille, etc. I then blew the fuse. Ooops. Guess I'll need one of those too. My soldering iron also sucks so I need to get a new one.

Archived