LegacyGT.com

Just bought my first Subaru. A 2006 Legacy GT in Atlantic Blue Pearl.

Hi, just going to use this thread to introduce myself and my car. I've been a BMW guy since my first car, but I decided it was time for a change of pace when I spotted this beautiful 2006 LGT with 67.5k miles at a local dealer and couldn't pass it up. It's actually my first car with a manual transmission too and it's safe to say I'll never be going back to an automatic after owning this car.

Well, enough talking, let me show you the car.

MySubaru.jpg.2ffce2ac3d758fff87a33703ba9afe86.jpg

MBweapons2.jpg.a27f19e372b4f2464fb52cdc0e7ff303.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I suggest you look at getting the car tuned and off the stock MAP. It has been known to be less then perfect.

Next keep a eye on the oil and always keep it topped off.

These cars are great as long as you keep up with the oil changes and fluid changes.

Read the threads on here, everything you need to know is here.

Also take note of the sticky's at the top of the forums, lots of info there.

here, you'll need this someday. the 05-06 GT's start around page 1600

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

Way in the back there is a section on how things work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I suggest you look at getting the car tuned and off the stock MAP. It has been known to be less then perfect.

Next keep a eye on the oil and always keep it topped off.

These cars are great as long as you keep up with the oil changes and fluid changes.

Read the threads on here, everything you need to know is here.

Also take note of the sticky's at the top of the forums, lots of info there.

I have been waiting to save up some cash for an Exhaust before I eventually go and get it tuned, I'm a bit tight on money right now after buying some new tires/wheels for summer. Thanks for the info also, this site remind me of BimmerForums with its layout, so I shouldn't have trouble navigating.

Welcome to the ABP color game bro. These cars are a lot of fun. I suggest getting a Cobb Accessport if you are short on cash. The AP off the shelf tunes will take you through stage 2.

I planned on buying the accessport and the cobb CAI, even though I've heard the stock intake on these cars is perfectly fine.

Right? I have stockers on mine for now but can't wait to give her some nice new shoes.

These are 17x8 MB Weapons with 215/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3's slightly stretched on, I think I paid somewhere around $595 for the wheels with installation included.

Take out the filter in the banjo bolt for your turbo oil feed line, they clog up and cause oil starvation for your turbo

dirty oil> no oil

Also the 05-06 models have a cat in the up pipe which disintegrates over time and sends shrapnel through your turbine. An sti up pipe can be had for under $50...a solid investment, especially if you want to mod it

This. Both are fairly easy to get at, and give you an opportunity to get under the hood and wrench on some stuff productively. Check your turbo for shaft play while you're in there, too.

These are 17x8 MB Weapons with 215/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3's slightly stretched on, I think I paid somewhere around $595 for the wheels with installation included.

Good deal bud, I'm jealous.

Also the 05-06 models have a cat in the up pipe which disintegrates over time and sends shrapnel through your turbine. An sti up pipe can be had for under $50...a solid investment, especially if you want to mod it

Does it matter what model year the up pipe comes off of? I have been wanting to change out the exhaust parts for a while here now. I read into the banjo bolts/cat problems before purchasing the car.

Does it matter what model year the up pipe comes off of? I have been wanting to change out the exhaust parts for a while here now. I read into the banjo bolts/cat problems before purchasing the car.

The up pipe off of any ej255/ej257 will fit...maybe even the ej20's, but im not sure

Well you obviously got a lemon and/or cannot follow through with simple maintenance

You obviously don't know much. Thanks for playing :)

I've:

1. Rebuilt motor

2. Replaced end-links

3. Replaced fuel lines

4. Hunted down dash rattles

5. Hunted down door rattles

6. Fix roof liner

7. Broken clips on just about everything that has one that you might touch

8. Oil consumption

9. Leaky valve cover gasket replacement

10. TMIC replacement due to leaks

11. Fixing front end shimmy - known problem in our years.

12. Chased down blown off connections because Subi cannot design them to stay connected.

The build quality of these cars is poor. I've got a car I track, with same mileage, that is tigher and in better shape.

What makes things worse, is most of my problems are known Subaru issues.

Hahaha sorry, should have looked at your post count before assuming you were just some guy who had bad luck with his subaru and holds a grudge....sarcasm doesnt transfer well over a keyboard,my apologies!

There you go. Apology accepted.

Don't mind rob, he's having a bad day.

Like most of us, with these cars it's a, love/hate relationship. I've been lov'in mine for a while now, over 35,000 of them.

Gee look at that, I even forgot to mention last Aug tranny issue. That was almost $3000.

The tranny's been out of the car 8 times, it also has a rear diff from some other GT.

I've just about got everything replaced at least once... LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived