LegacyGT.com

factory alarm question?

where does it get mounted at?and is the wiring already in place from the factory?

Here's a link to the install instructions: http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/downloadFree.jsp?doc_id=139274. It mounts under the front passenger seat and there is wiring taped up under there for it from the factory. If you install it yourself, you'll have to have to take the car to the dealer to have them activate it and they should also be able to adjust the sensitivity (I think...I don't have the perimeter alarm in my car).

The subwoofer installs under the front driver seat, and the shock sensor installs under the front passenger seat. You can have both installed at the same time without any problems.

..unless the sub sets off the shock sensor, but then you're rockin'

• 3 weeks later...
i installed the shock sensor.it did not come with mounting nuts.so i reordered another kit from the dealer.waited 1 week.got the second kit.still no nuts.so i layed it on the studs until subaru gets the mounting nuts.i had the subaru dealer enable the sensor.but it still does not go off.how sensitive is this sensor suppose to be.what sets it off.i kicked the wheels and banged on the windows hard.still nothing.is something wrong?

Can you enable it yourself with the OEM Navi?

i was playing with the navi controls a few weeks back, and I did see a "shock sensor on/off" button. mine was already on, so I think its a yes. there wasnt a sensitivity adjustment though

this question is for you guys who have the sensor enabled.i noticed since i added this sensor that if i shut the doors and i dont turn the alarm on i get a beep sound like the one when you push the key fob to turn the alarm on.is this normal.its almost like it is self arming.i was changing the oil and had the hood open.when i shut the door after about 45 seconds it does a beep like you are turning on the alarm.does anybody else have this?

Archived