LegacyGT.com

Opinions on the best catted DP out there?

pcr5946

I'm looking to go stage two with my '08 spec B, and I'd like to keep it catted. I've been looking around the forums for a thread about popular aftermarket DP's for some advice on which manufacturer to go with and can't seem to find one. So I'm wondering, for those of you who opted to stay catted, which manufacturers would you recommend and which would you stay away from? I'd like something quality that'll last, although I'm not looking to break the bank either. I was looking at the Perrin but then a friend told me about fitment issues with a lot of Perrin products. Any truth to that as far as the DP goes?

Also, is there any real advantage to divorced waste-gate vs open bell mouth?

Thanks for any input, I really appreciate it.

some will argue with you about the whole divorced Wg dp thing...i really dont buy it.

i have a cobb catted, it has 40k miles on it and i still love the sounds it produces. i have it paired with a cobb cbe, and it's very humble at idle, but sounds pretty dirty when i get on it.

to this day im glad i have the cobb dp...but then again my car would have made 20 more whp on the dyno if i wasnt catted.

its all about your preferences

I would recommend choosing a dp that will easily mate to your cbe. Cobb necks down to 2.5" to mate to stocker or spt/borla cbe. Others are 3" with a flat flange to mate to most aftermarket cbe.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Archived