LegacyGT.com

Calling all NorCal Subie Mechanics

UCDlgt

As the summer comes to a close and school begins to approach, I have found myself in a small pickle....

I overzealously bought too many parts than I could afford to install, or so it seems.

Hence, I am wondering if anyone from the nor cal legacy community would be willing to do some work for me in exchange for cash, beer, you name it....im just trying to find a cheap way to get all this stuff done.

I will have KW Variant 2's installed by GST Motorsports in hayward, however, I have a plethora of bushings, a clutch line, and some fender rolling I need to have done.

Anyone willing to help me out? I promise your hard work will be rewarded :lol:

well, im gonna have the coilovers installed by gst in about 3 weeks, the wheels will be going on in about a week, and im hoping to put rear diff bushings, lca bushings, 5 spd shifter bushings bushings, crank pulley, clutch line, short throw shifter, and get my fenders rolled...in the mean time.

i hope 93turbo2 sees this thread, he just rolled his fenders for the same tire size and wheel im getting.

reward for moral support? :)

actually, mind if i tag along during your install(s)? i've never seen a fender rolling in person.

Sure, no problem. A friend of mine whos part of the miata/roadster community was saying: "Yea, just take a baseball bat and roll them...."

That scares me a little :lol:

Sure, no problem. A friend of mine whos part of the miata/roadster community was saying: "Yea, just take a baseball bat and roll them...."

That scares me a little :lol:

yah... thats teh ghetto way. best thing to do is find a body shop and pay them to do it. that way if they F it up its their problem not yours :)

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

true dat. how much does this kind of thing run typically?

Do any of you have any recommendations as to where to go in the bay area for this?

Will GST do it? (Figure I'm going there already for my coilovers...)

at the beginning of the summer they quoted me $1495. Last time I talked to them they said the best they could do was $1800 installed.....maybe we can coordinate and try and get them to lower the price a little if we both go.

They do seem to be a pretty genuine shop tho. I'm not really worried about them trying to rip anyone off

• 4 months later...

i actually have switched up my route. still have yet to put the coils on (ended up buying the racecomps), however, theyre sitting in my room.

as of now, im gonna wait till i get my tax return in spring and then find some 18" wheels.

Archived