LegacyGT.com

No AWD!

how long have you had the car?

has it always been this way or did it just develop recently?

is there a drive shaft going to the rear?

do you have a FWD light on the dash?

is there a fuse in the FWD fuse holder under the hood, passenger side, near the firewall and the wiper motor?

unplug the TCU under the dash, or the largest wire connector on the rear of the engine, passenger side, and drive the car in tight circles. you will be in limp mode, 3rd gear only, and you should have TORQUE BIND. no TB means that there is a mechanical problem causing the no awd, and probably in the extension housing on the rear of the trans. maybe a busted clutch drum or just a lot of wear on the clutch discs limiting the function.

absolutely, but it would / should also throw a code.

does the speedo work?

if the front speed sensor fails the ECU will use the rear speed sensor to control the engine, but the speedo and the AWD power to the rear will not work.

if the rear speed sensor fails, and this is almost NEVER heard of, the AWD will not work.

does the Check Engine light come on before you start the car???

how long have you had the car???

has the car always had this issue or is it a recent development.????

could be possible but highly doubtful considering they are almost brand new and provide amazing stability when driving down the road in about six inches of snow with only FWD...I just simply dont have AWD because of a no bueno clutch is what im figuering but i will have a closer look this weekend

Does TCU stand for transmission control unit? And its located under the dash on the drivers side? I think I know where it is due to just replacing my heater core a few months back. I think I'll check mine out as well. Thx guys.

Archived