LegacyGT.com

Heated wipers not work or just suck?

I know my car has heated

wipers being its an 06spec b but i have never witnessed any effect after turning them on.

I assume there are heating elements that are in The windshield below the wipers? Is it possible my windshield has been replaced and didnt have them on the new one?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Connection is in the passenger piller. Look lower corner for the connection. No wire connected, no power to the element.

Just heats the lower portion of the window to kick start the defrost cycle.

System waits till the water temp is at 150 degrees before the heater box is opened up.

On a recent trip to the mountain, we had rain that turned to ice. The wipers were coated in a frozen mass, frozen to the windshield. Turned-on the deicer and within a minute the wipers were completely loose, and a few minutes more the ice layer was gone. Puts out quite a bit of heat.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I don't find them working well on my car. They do keep the side mirrors somewhat clean.

I wonder if that is the production tolerance deviation. I can turn on the rear defroster, that activates the heated rear view mirrors, and they are completely frost free in less than a minute.

The rear window defroster is slightly better than useless...it takes forever to defrost.

I wonder if that is the production tolerance deviation. I can turn on the rear defroster, that activates the heated rear view mirrors, and they are completely frost free in less than a minute.

The rear window defroster is slightly better than useless...it takes forever to defrost.

Are you sure about that? Maybe they changed it for the 07, or for the facelift, but on my '06, I'm fairly certain that the front windshield defroster and the rear defroster each have a button. Then, the wiper strip and the side mirrors are turned on with a button in the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel.

Are you sure about that? Maybe they changed it for the 07, or for the facelift, but on my '06, I'm fairly certain that the front windshield defroster and the rear defroster each have a button. Then, the wiper strip and the side mirrors are turned on with a button in the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel.

For some reason I was thinking the rear defrost turned on the heated mirrors in the 06's.

When working, the front wiper heaters are very quick to warm up in my experience. They are loose from the window in ~30 seconds even when completely iced over. The rear window takes some to defrost.

It's like the heated seats too, they are warm quickly and get super hot even on the lowest setting in my experience. I've never used my heated seats on anything but the lowest setting.

I wonder if that's sedan vs wagon difference... on my wagon rear defroster is also quick to act.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I've never driven with the windshield deicer in the "on" position. Only use them to get the wipers free of snow/ice - which is what they're designed to do.

While they're doing their job, the HVAC on "defrost" and the rear defroster are handling the clearing of the rest of the windshield and and side windows, keeping them snow/ice-free. Helps if you also have antifreeze in your WWF... clears ice pretty fast - front and rear.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I've never driven with the windshield deicer in the "on" position. Only use them to get the wipers free of snow/ice - which is what they're designed to do.

While they're doing their job, the HVAC on "defrost" and the rear defroster are handling the clearing of the rest of the windshield and and side windows, keeping them snow/ice-free. Helps if you also have antifreeze in your WWF... clears ice pretty fast - front and rear.

Around here, anti freeze won't stop your wipers and the blades from freezing up. I've had situations where a combo HVAC + wipers still aren't enough.

Nothing like your blades being so cold, so iced and so useless as to make keeping your window clear a problem. I run anti-freeze fluid all year.

On my trip to mn i Bought washer fluid in Tennessee. Having lived in mn all my life i never thought that washer fluid was any different. Not... Tennessee does not just sell antifreeze washer fluid like in the north. Needless to say i was fucked by the time i got into iwoa.

I'm Dumber Then I Seem, Remember That, I Won't.

I'm glad I read this as I pushed the heated wiper button on my car expecting the ice to melt off the mirrors and it didn't. It would appear its tied to the rear window defog.

(BTW s/b "I'm dumber than I seem. Remember that as I won't." )

On my trip to mn i Bought washer fluid in Tennessee. Having lived in mn all my life i never thought that washer fluid was any different. Not... Tennessee does not just sell antifreeze washer fluid like in the north. Needless to say i was fucked by the time i got into iwoa.

I would have just mixed my own ;)

Archived